Chapter 48 - Meeting His Parents

Angelina's POV

Three months had now passed, and there was progress. Around two weeks after we decided to become matchmakers, Linda and Charlie got back together. I'm so happy that they found a way back to each other.

As for Connie and Guy, when I say they are a challenge, they really are a challenge. It took them two months to even start talking to each other again. And after another month, they started begin slightly friendly with each other, emphasis on slightly.

A lot of our friends were beginning to lose hope that they were gonna get somewhere, even Adam. But the girls and I knew that they both still had feelings for each other deep down.

Speaking of our friends, nothing's really changed. Everyone's all the same, and we are still the jokesters you know and love. Around a week ago, we became state champs... again. We were so exited, and in a way we still can't believe that it actually happened. But at the same time, we are sad that the hockey season is coming to an end.

As for Adam and I, we are doing so well. He is literally the best boyfriend in the whole world and I'm so grateful that he's mine. He's still so kind and caring, and overprotective of course. He always makes time for me no matter what and I do the same for him.

We were currently entering the rink for our last practice of the year. Coach Orion was stood at centre ice, waiting for us. We skated to him.
"Now. As it's our last practice, and we're state champs, I thought we would have a fun practice today." Orion spoke up, and we all cheered in response.

"Now. Your warm up." He pulled out a rope from behind his back. "Robertson. Round up!" He chucked him the rope and we all started skating away.
"Yee-haw! You better run!" Dwayne started chasing Fulton and Luis. Luis used his speed to get away, but Fulton...

"Oh you got Fulton!"
Luis then collided into a board, making me go up to him and help him up.
I then saw Dwyane start coming towards me.
"Not a chance Cowboy!" I sprinted away, resulting in Luis getting caught.

The game ended soon after, and I was the last person standing. Dwayne sat down on the ice in exhaustion.
"Why do you have to be so fast?" He asked.
I shrugged before laughing and skating to the others.
"Right. Now that's done." Coach Orion said. "Lets scrimmage."

"Angelina, Jesse, Connie, Dean, Julie, Ken, Lucas, and Russ. You're a team." Orion said. "Pick a captain."
"Ange!" Everyone yelled, making me chuckle.
"Charlie, Adam, Alex, Fulton, Luis, Guy, Averman, Dwayne, and Goldberg. You're a team. Pick a captain."
"Charlie!"

"Lets scrimmage!"
Both teams had a team talk before skating to our positions. I was centre for my team, and Charlie was the other centre.
"You're going down Hothead."
"Not a chance Spazaway."

I got the puck and passed to Connie, we made our way down the ice and Ken scored on Goldberg.
"Okay, I haven't been goalie in a while, give me a break!" He protested.
"Not an excuse!" I laughed.
"Shut up Ange."

~

The scored was now 6-6. Orion announced that we had 5 minutes left of the game. I skated to centre ice and saw my boyfriend already standing there.
"Well hello there." He smirked. "May the best team win."
"We already know it will be my team."
"Don't be cocky, my love."

He got the puck and skated off, Lucas and Dean got the puck off him and passed it to Russ. Russ passed to Ken, Ken to Connie. Connie then passed to me and I scored! Orion blew his whistle and we froze.
"Angelina's team wins!"

We all cheered and huddled together. The other team approached us.
"Good game." Charlie said.
"Don't be sad Spazaway. You'll win next time." I nudged him playfully.
"That was our last practice! It's been an honour coaching you for another year." Orion voiced.