Chapter 5: The New Employee

Hello everyone! How's my new cover? Isn't it beautiful? Thanks nramsinghani for this cover. Now let's begin....

Monday morning...

Rashmi gets up early this morning as it's her first day in office. She can't be late today.

Rashmi wears a white off shoulder top with a black flared skirt. She brushes her hair into a horsetail. She puts make up on her face and looks at the mirror.

"I'm not really comfortable with these type of dresses but as Janhvi said, I'm now the employee of a big fashion company. I've to look my best to impress everyone with not only my work but my style also. This work means everything to me. So Rashmi, let's do it." She thinks in her mind.

Rashmi goes to the office by a cab. She sees other people traveling with car.

"Soon I'll have my own car like them." Rashmi mumbles.

As soon as Rashmi enters the office, everyone stares at her. Her looks attracted everyone specially the boys.
They have never seen this much beauty anywhere.

But this moment soon ends as their boss enters the office. Everyone wishes Sid Good Morning. Sid also wishes them without looking at them.

He was going straight to his cabin, suddenly his PA stops him.

"Sir, our new employee has come." Says Dev.

"Send her to my cabin." Says Sid and goes to his cabin. He didn't even look at Rashmi.

Rashmi enters Sid's cabin.

"May I come in Sir?" Says Rashmi?

"Come." Sid says. He was looking at the files not Rashmi.

"Can I see your qualification certificates?"

"Of course. Here is the certificates." Rashmi gives the files to Sid.

Sid reads the files.

"So Ms. Desai..." At last Sid looks at her.

"That station girl? What she is doing here? Is she our new employee Rashmi Desai? Today she is looking totally different. She is looking more smart and gorgeous. Oh! What am I thinking?" Says Sid in his mind.

"What happened Sir? You suddenly stopped." Asks Rashmi.

"It's nothing. By the way I want to ask you something?"

"Yeah ask please."

"Am I ill-mannered? What do you think about me?"

"W-why sir? O-of course you have m-manners." Rashmi stutters.

"No you said at the station that I don't have manners. That's why I was asking."

Rashmi understands everything.

"I'm really sorry Sir. I didn't know that it's you. Don't mind please."

"It's totally fine. I didn't mind. Now let's  come to the work. So Ms. Desai your certificates are great. So where did you use to work before joining Shukla Creations?" Asks Sid.

"Alice's Fashion House, at Ahmedabad. But Sir I always wanted to work here. It's my dream." Replies Rashmi.

"It's every designer's dream to work for Shukla Creations. But I chose you. Do you know why? Because I think that you have talent. So I didn't ask for an interview and join you directly. But you have to prove yourself."

Then Sid gives Rashmi a file.

"Tomorrow is the meeting with Mr. Sharma. We had to postpone it earlier due to some reason. There is the criteria in the file for the designs he wants. Now your work is to ready the designs to present in tomorrow's meeting. If he likes it, the deal will be finaled." Says Sid

Rashmi looks at the file.

"But Sir in this short time how can I..."

"It's your chance to prove yourself so give your best." Says Sid with a smile.

"Ok Sir, I'll try my best." Says Rashmi and leaves.

"I know she will. I've faith in her. She is very much dedicated. All the best Rashmi Desai." Thinks Sid.

In the evening...

Sana is standing near the beach and enjoying the view of sunset. She captures the view of sunset in her camera.

"How beautiful!" Sana mumbles.

Then she looks at her watch and calls Sid.

"Please pick up the phone." But he doesn't.

"I think you actually forgot about today. How could you Sid? Don't you know how special this day is? Also I can't blame you. You are busy now. There is no use of standing here alone. I should leave." Says Sana in her mind.

She was about to leave, suddenly someone closes her eyes.

"Who are you?" Sana removes the hands from her eyes and turns behind.

"Sid. You? You actually remembered?" Says Sana with a large smile.

"Yeah Moti. I'm not forgetful like you." Says Sid.

"Listen I'm not forgetful and not fat also. I'm now very much slim okay?"

"Yeah yeah I understand. But did you really think that I forgot about our friendship day?" Asks Sid.

Yes. It's their friendship day. In this day they became best friends. Though they were child back then but they decided to celebrate it every year. They celebrates it every year at the Juhu beach.

"I thought because you're busy nowadays. You don't have time..."

Sid stops him.

"Sana no matter how busy I'm, I've always time for you. And this thing will never change." Says Sid.

"Promise?" Sana gives her hand.

Sid holds her hand.

"Promise."

_______________________________________

Will he be able to keep his promise?

Or the entry of this new employee will ruin everything?

Stay tuned...