Chapter 8: Shehnaaz's Birthday

After few days....

Shehnaaz wakes up from her bed. She stretches her hands and yawns. She was rubbing her eyes, suddenly someone hugs her very tightly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI" Jasmin says loudly.

"Arrey Jas, what are you doing? You gave me a heart attack." Says Sana laughing.

"Many many happy returns of the day." Say Sana's parents after entering the room.

"Thank you Mummy Papa" Sana says.

Sana goes and touches their feet. Then she hugs Jasmine.

"Thank you my little sis." Says Sana.

After that Sana goes to her studio. There everyone wishes her happy birthday and make her cut the cake.

Sana takes a piece of cake and feeds Paras. Mahira looks at them with jealousy.

"This is too much. Nobody does so much on my birthday." Mahira says in her mind.

Sana takes another piece of cake and goes to feed Mahira.

"I don't like cake." Says Mahira.

"Oh Mahira, eat at least today." Says Sana and feeds her the cake.

Then Sana checks her phone. Many friends of social media have wished her.

"But where's Sid ? Didn't he wish me?"

Sana checks her whatsapp, messenger but couldn't find his message.

"He didn't even call me. Has he forgot? No. He can't forget my birthday. Maybe he is busy. Also we didn't talk much after that so called double date. When I saw him two days ago at the cafe, he was ignoring me. I couldn't understand what actually happened?" Says Sana in her mind.

Flashback...

After the day of their double date, Sana saw Sid at a cafe with Rashmi.
Sana was in her car.

"Stop the car." Sana said to her driver and got down from the car.

Then Sana went to the cafe. Sid and Rashmi were talking.

"Sid, what are you doing here?" Sana said to him.

"Nothing. Actually we have to go now. I'll talk to you later." Said Sid and went away with Rashmi.

Flashback ends..

"What am I thinking? There was definitely a reason behind his behaviour. But what about today? I think I should wait for his call." Sana says in her mind.

In the evening...

Sana finishes her work. She is still waiting for Sid's message or call. She is continuously checking her phone.

"Is he so busy that he doesn't have time to call me? I should call Dev." Sana calls Dev.

"Where's your Sir? Is he busy?" Says Sana on phone.

"No. Sir left from office few hours ago with Rashmi." Dev replies.

"Oh!" Sana hangs up.

"That's why he didn't call me. He is with Rashmi. Even he doesn't remember my birthday. He is just lost in Rashmi. It's okay. Sid, you stay with your Rashmi. I don't need you." Says Sana in her mind.

There is a rage of pain in her eyes. Tears are rolling down from those. She wants to cry out loud. But she stops herself, wipes her tears and leaves the studio.

At Sana's home...

After entering her home, Sana finds the room dark.

Sana puts her bag on the sofa and switches on the light.