Chapter 21: The Wedding

It's the day of Shefali's wedding. Everyone has gathered to the garden for Haldi Ceremony. Sana applies turmeric paste to Shefali's face and hands. Shefali smiles.

"I hope very soon I'll get the chance to apply haldi to you." Says Shefali.

"I don't think so. I have no plans for marriage now." Sana replies.

"But why?"

"Listen, today is your wedding so only focus on it." Sana says.

"Okay baba." Shefali says.

"Sana beta, can you bring more turmeric paste from kitchen?" Shefali's mother asks.

"Of course Aunty. Wait." Sana says and goes to the kitchen.

She fills the bowl with turmeric paste and comes out of the kitchen. Suddenly she sees Sid.

"Sid, wait." Sana says.

"Oh Sana don't stop me now. There are lots of work. Now I have understood how much work there are in a wedding ceremony." Sid says.

"Okay okay relax. I'm not stopping you. There is something on your face."

"The children put ink on my face. I rubbed but the mark didn't go I think. They are really very naughty."

Sana laughs.

"They are just kids. Okay let me rub it." Sana says and rubs Sid's face with her hand. Suddenly she realizes that there is turmeric paste in her hand and mistakenly she has applied it to Sid's face.

"Oops! Sorry I forgot that there is Haldi in my hand... It's just a mistake...Umm..."

"Don't worry. I'll wash it." Says Sid and goes.

"God, I know what is happening is wrong. I neither wanted to write his name on my Mehendi, nor I wanted to apply Haldi to him. Trust me everything is just a coincidence. But why this is happening every time? Why?" Sana says in her mind.

In the evening....

"Jasmine, are you ready?" Sana asks.

"Just two minutes." Jasmine says from the washroom.

"Ok come quickly. We have to go to the Mandap." Says Sana while wearing earrings.

Sana has worn a red saree with golden bordered blouse. (She is looking something like this👇👇)

 (She is looking something like this👇👇)

"Di, I'm ready." Says Jasmine after coming out of the washroom.

"Finish your make-up quickly. I'm going to the Mandap." Sana says and goes out of the room.

Jasmine starts doing make-up.

Before going to the Mandap, Sana goes to Shefali's room.

She is wearing the bridal costume. Sana goes and hugs her.