Testing out new weapons (Jake Story)

Jake had been creating new weapons for him and Chance to use when they went out to save the city. Chance wasn't feeling well so Jake called you to ask if you could help test out the weapons. Without even a second thought, you agreed. You were absolutely thrilled to be the first one to try out Jake's new inventions.

You arrived at the hanger and skipped in, your (color) tail swishing behind you. You ran in and sat your purse on the couch and walked around.

"Jake, I'm here!" You heard grumbling behind you and turned to see Chance getting something to drink. "Hey Chance!" You waved. He held his head and groaned, "Hey Y/n, keep it down will ya? I got a killer headache."

You giggled and nodded, "Sure thing, do you know where Jake is?" You asked. Chance pointed towards the direction of the hanger, "Down there." You thanked him and rushed down as he walked back to his room.

*Second Later*

You smiled as you saw Razor doing the finishing touches on his weapons, you softly tapped him on his shoulder. He looked over and smiled, "Hey hun! Glad you could make it!" He said as he gave you a hug. You kissed his cheek, "This was way to good of an opportunity to pass up!"

He laughed and nodded, "Well let's get this party started." He handed you the first weapon. It looked like the original gloveatrix, but Jake said it was modified and supposed to be better.

"It's faster and can withstand any damage." Jake said when he saw your confused look. "Now, fire a net at the training dummy over there." He said.

You looked at it, trying to figure out how to fire, you saw a peculiar red button and pushed it. You heard a Yelp and looked up, you tried not to laugh but ended up dying of laughter.

Jake was laying on the floor, wrapped up in the net. He glared at you, "Very funny, Y/n, now can ya get me out?" You wiped the few tears that were in your eyes and untangled him. He glared playfully, "I'm not so sure you should test the next one."

You crossed your heart, "I promise I won't aim for you." You batted your eyelashes and gave him an innocent smile. He rolled his eyes, "Fine, but if you can't aim for the dummy, aim for the wall!"

*Later that day*

"Alright, last one..." Jake stopped and smiled when he saw your sleeping figure in the chair. He looked at the time and chuckled. "Next time, tell me when you get tired." He gently picked you up and shut off everything in the hanger.

"We can test the last one some other time." He said softly as he kissed your head.