He breaks up with you because he's worried about your safety: Jake

You were mad... beyond mad. Words couldn't describe it. Jake had been completely ignoring you for 2 and a half weeks now. Every time you went over to the scrapyard, he was no where to be seen. It didn't make any sense, one day he's your happy-go-lucky, loving boyfriend, and the next he acts like you don't exist.

You had finally had enough of it, tapping the steering wheel of your car, you tried to go as fast as legally possible, you were heading to the Scrap yard and you weren't leaving until you got an explanation.

You pulled up to the scrap yard, tires screeching, you shut off your car and stormed up to where Chance was sitting on the couch watching scaredy-cat.

"Hey Y/n, why are you here?" You crossed your arms, ears twitching in annoyance, "Cut the crud Chance, where is he?" You asked demandingly as you tapped your foot. Chance began to look nervous as he stuttered out multiple excuses.

You growled, "Chance. Tell me where he is or so help me, I'll..." you paused when you saw Chance's eyes flick to the side, almost like he was looking at someone behind you. You gave him a devilish smirk and whipped around just in time to see Jake attempting to sneak out the door.

" Jake Clawson, you owe me some answers!" You yelled. He gave you a sheepish smile, "H-Hey Y/n, d-didn't expect you to be here." He stuttered out. You raised an eyebrow, "From the looks of it, I wasn't going to be expecting you either."

Jake scratched the back of his neck, "U-Uh, yeah..." You rolled your eyes, "So Jake, do I get an explanation or not?" You heard Chance groan.

"For Pete's sake Jake, just tell her, it'll make it worse if you hold it in." You gave him a confused look and turned back to Jake, "Tell me what?" Jake sighed, "Look, over the past few weeks with our fights with the Metallikats and Dark Kat, I've realized that you could be put in danger just by being with me, so I think it's best that we break up."

Your eyes were wide and were filling with tears, you swallowed the lump in your throat and spoke, "So... 2 and a half weeks of being ignored... and now broken up with?" Jake shook his head, "Y/n it's not like that, please." You held up your hand and tried not to sob.

"Hope you have a good life, Jake." You said barely above a whisper and you rushed out and drove off. Your eyes were blurry with tears, you couldn't see the road, you finally pulled over and sobbed. You couldn't stop, you really thought Jake was the one for you.

Once you finally calmed down enough to see where you were going, you went home and curled up on your bed, letting a few tears and whimpers out.

Why have a heart of all people want to do is break it? You thought to yourself.