The Love that Ties Us

Wherever our journeys may lead

Sesshomaru looked up at the starry sky from the guest bedroom window. Sora had long since gone to bed, having lost her appetite. Was this permanent? Is it appropriate to love your wife's previous incarnation?

We'll still be friends
It goes without saying, right?

Sora breathed heavily as she cuddled up to herself on the bed. Her arms hugged her swelling stomach as she prepared herself for pain. Sesshomaru was running late...

Those glory days, no two of us alike
Give us confidence, push us forward

The track where we kicked up dust
The buttoned up uniforms we wore loose

Shutting his eyes, he began to recall the past couple of years with Sora. The newness of her aura was refreshing to a demon's life that lived in darkness. Although she was a child of darkness, she was more so a child of the light. He smiled at the thought of her being his light.

"Where does our time go?" He whispered.

The graffiti we wrote on the desks
All proof we made our mark

Sora attempted to relax her body while she waited. If Sesshomaru was running late, it was for a good reason. Sesshomaru and she had been through many trials, this being the largest yet to come, but she knew that things would come together. They always do...

We shed a tear for every memory

She was a human. Despite being the incarnation of the gods' child, she was mortal and all mortals die young. Sesshomaru, Aoi, and their son would live on for centuries.

That can't be relived in a graduation speech
The wounds inflicted by our youth
But maybe now we've grown up

Sora began to think about their future. Her heart ached knowing that she would die long before Sesshomaru, Aoi, their son, and any other children they would have. But she knew Sesshomaru would make the most of it for her so she wouldn't feel sad when she would pass.

Through the classroom window, sakura rain
Landing softly on my palm
Drawn to my heart
Let's take the bouquet we all made together
And set it free into the sky

Sesshomaru burst into the room, immediately taking Sora's side. She smiled warily as tears began to fall down her face.

"I won't ever leave your side, not again. We'll face this together, face Tsukiyomi together and win, and face every tomorrow together." He gripped her hand with his.

"Sesshomaru..." Sora managed before another wave of contractions rang through her.

Don't forget
Right now...
Each of us might be a single, small petal
But we're not alone

Out of all the countless schools
The miracle is that we met each other
Those sweet smiles will never change
No matter how many years pass

Sora bore down for the next couple of hours till she delivered a healthy boy. His hair was dark like Sora's and he had two dog like ears. He was smaller then Aoi when she was born, but healthy. Sora smiled looking at the baby being wrapped in a towel by Sesshomaru.

"What shall we name him?" She asked.

"I'd like to name him after his grandfather."

"I like that... Welcome to the world our little Toga..." Sora took the baby into her arms, hugging him close.

Through the classroom window, sakura rain
Landing softly on my palm
Drawn to my heart
Let's take the bouquet we all made together
And set it free into the sky

Sora cleaned herself and wrapped herself in new clothing. She swaddled and dressed Toga and held in a sash. Her body ached from childbirth, but Tsukiyomi was on his way. There was no time to rest.

Don't forget
Right now...
Each of us might be a single, small petal
But we're not alone

"Sora." She turned to see Sesshomaru who came over and hugged her close. He then gave her an intimate kiss with a soft smile. "I love you..."

Someday...
We'll bloom, petals spreading wide
And meet here again

Music Video:

Sakura no Ame