Precious

"Aoi!" Sora cooed to the little baby half-demon that squirmed on the futon. Her white hair covered her head and from that, two little ears stuck up. Her blue eyes wandered around, her little chubby hand in her gumny mouth.

"Lord Sesshomaru! We need to keep up plans!" Jaken whined, tailing the baby's father who swiftly walked down the halls to the sounds of the giggles.

The door slid open to Sora sitting beside the futon, her hair billowing down her shoulder, as she looked lovingly down at Aoi.

"How is she?" Sesshomaru asked, sitting beside her.

"She is very healthy." Sora beamed. Aoi's gaze shifted towards Sesshomaru. She gurgled a giggle and smiled, reaching her pudgy hands out to him.

Sesshomaru smiled and lifted her into his arms. Aoi clung to him, recognizing the demon scent. Aoi was quick to memorize Sesshomaru's scent, whereas, she could only recognize her mother by voice and visual.

"I hate to move us, but I need to keep moving..." Sesshomaru started.

"Aoi and I well enough. We can move."  She nodded. Sesshomaru leaned in and kissed Sora passionately. He pulled back slowly his golden eyes crossing with hers.

...

It was early in the morning that they departed, without any goodbyes. Sora wore a lightweight and moving kimono. She attached Aoi to her back using some cloth. Aoi was slightly sleepy.

Little did they know what was to happen once they left the protected area.

...

There was loud barking as a shadow swiftly ran through the forest, tailed by 20 to 25 dogs. In the shadow's arms, was a small bundle that wailed.

Once on a cliff, the shadow removed its covering. Sora panted heavily as she opened the cloth containing Aoi.

"Hush now....It's going to be okay. Daddy will be here soon. Mommy promises she'll be right back." Sora cried slightly, placing a necklace around a now calmed down Aoi. Sora grabbed some tree branches and covered Aoi. She ran out from the cliff area and continued her sprint, followed by the dogs. There was a loud boom, that sounded like a gunshot followed by the sound of dogs.

...

"Aoi." Sesshomaru looked down at his sleeping daughter. She slept in a pile of leaves. Blood trickled down the side of his face as he trembled. He sniffed the air before his eyes widened.

"Sora!" He shouted, sprinting through the trees to a closed in area. There, he came upon a gruesome scene. Sora laid nearly mutilated with an arrow through her chest.

"Sora!" Sesshomaru shouted, running to her side.

"Sesshomaru, I'm sorry for your loss. This is-" Kagome started.

"I never imagined she would die this way. She doesn't deserve such a brutal death. Now Aoi will grow up without a mother. Only thing is, this must've been a plot for Tsukiyomi. His essence must lie within Aoi now."