Take My Hand

Sora sat on and cushioned mat inside a small temple. It was only a week ever since that small and simple wedding. There was nothing grand as Sora was still weak, and not a whole lot of beings could attend. Kaede buzzed her lips in words of meditation as she held her old hand on Sora's pulse.

A little jingle bell rang and Kaede's eye widened.

"What is it?" Sora asked with concern. Sesshomaru barged in at the sound of Sora's worried voice.

"What is wrong?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Nothing is wrong, but everything is right. There were some slight complications, but the baby is fine." Kaede smiled. Sora blinked with concern before looking at Sesshomaru who had a similar look.

"Give us some privacy." Sesshomaru stated in a commanding tone.

...

"How are you feeling?" Sesshomaru asked with concern.

"I'm doing just perfectly, my lord." Sora smiled.

"Don't call me that. You are my wife, so act like it." He replied.

Sora giggled under her breath.

"Thank you." She looked up at him. He knelt next to her and pressed his head up against her stomach.

"Thank you for this wonderful gift." He sighed happily.

"Well, it couldn't have happened without you, my love." She smiled.

...

((I promise I'll do some in between stuff, but for sake of time before school starts for me, I need to move along.))

Thunder crashed as rain poured down heavily in the village. Outside, under shelter, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, Kagome, and Shippo stood solemnly.

Sesshomaru's fists clenched to the sounds of Sora's screams and moans.

"It's been almost 24 hours of this. She can't handle this much pain!" Sesshomaru shouted.

"I'm sure Sora is doing okay, she's very strong." Kagome attempted to console. The truth was, Sora was still very weak from her accident with Amaterasu. The nutrients that would be used for her recovery, went straight to pregnancy.

Kaede exited the building.

"I advise you come in. A childbirth is no place for a man, but I'm unsure of how much longer Sora can take. Her life is in the hands of heaven now." Kaede stated solemnly.

"Sesshomaru..." Inuyasha reached out to console his brother but Sesshomaru swiftly entered.

Sora sat on a stool covered by a sheet that was coated with blood. She leaned up against a wall, breathing heavily.

"Sesshomaru..." She forced a tired smile.

"Sora. Please..." His eyes trembled as they met hers. Kaede rinsed her hands and returned to Sora's side as contractions picked back up.

"Come now, I'm not about to leave you. Let's have this baby." Sora smiled. Sesshomaru came to her side and wrapped his arms around her. She gripped his arms and bore down. Within five more hours, the sounds of a newborn filled the air. The rain had quieted. Sora breathed heavily as Kaede cleaned her body. Sesshomaru washed his child and held it close to him.

"What....is it?" Sora panted. Sesshomaru smiled.

"A girl. A healthy girl, despite her early timing." Sesshomaru looked down at the whimpering newborn.

"Let me see her..." Sora reached out to hold the baby. The baby had white downy hair on top of her head where two little ears curled slightly towards her head. She was small, but strong. Her pink skin was so fragile and soft.

"She's perfect." Sesshomaru smiled.

"What should we name her?" Sora looked up at Sesshomaru.

"Let's call her, Aoi."