Never Return

"What is going on?" Kagome cried out as she and Inuyasha attempted to protect their eyes from the blinding light. Black like liquid splashed out of her left eye forming some sort of symbol.

"That's the symbol of Tsukiyomi!" Inuyasha noticed. The lighting dimmed to a simple glow. Sora stood and began to walk forward.

"Sora-ah!" Kagome withdrew her hand after being stung while trying to touch her.

"Where's she off to?" Inuyasha asked with an annoyed tone.

"The well!" The two exclaimed turning to pursue only to see that she had disappeared.

...

The shrine door was open as the two ran in.

"Sora, stop!" Kagome cried out. Before Inuyasha could grab her, Sora dove into the well.

...

"This is so boring. When are Kagome and Inuyasha going to come back?" Shippo pouted.

"Calm down, Shippo. I'm sure they'll be back..." Miroku's voice trailed off as a bright purple light lit the night sky.

"What is that? It's in the village!" Sango stood. A loud thundering noise resounded as a wave of purple light blew through the tree and a strong wind followed.

...

"Lady Kaede!" Sango and the others met up with the others.

"We're here." Inuyasha dropped Kagome next to the others.

"Sora!" Kagome yelled out but the woman floating in the air did not respond. The eyes opened and she began to mark out symbols with her hand.

"It is a summoning!" Miroku gripped his staff preparing to attack.

"Stop. This be an immortal being we be dealing with. Notice thee ancient mark upon her left eye... That is the mark of the moon god, Tsukiyomi." Kaede watched with fear before a familiar figure poofed next to them.

"Just where are we?!" The older brother boomed.

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha pulled out his sword.

"Wait! Look, the girl be moving." Kaede pointed.

Sesshomaru looked to the sky just as a big white boom followed by a wide array of lights.

Everyone was surrounded by a stark white aura. A familiar form laid on the ground.

"Sora!" Kagome ran out before a new figure appeared causing the two demons to become silent.

"Chiasa...what have I told you about using the seal? Look at you now. I had hoped you wouldn't awaken soon enough." The demon smiled, picking up the limp body into his arms.

"Father..." Sesshomaru managed.

"Inuyasha. Sesshomaru. I had not expected to see you again but it looks like we've met again. You both have turned into fine beings. Unfortunately, I have some unfinished business." Toga smiled before kneeling in front of Kagome with Sora's limp body.

"Is she going to be alright?" Kagome asked.

"Yes, but it appears you've awakened her inner soul." Toga sighed.

"Hey old man, I'm all for reunions and what not but just what the hell is going on?!" Inuyasha scratched his head.

"Yes, my time is short but I suppose I should tell you the story."

Hundreds of years ago a dispute between the sun and moon deities took a turn for the worst. Tsukiyomi murdered the goddess of harvest and Amaterasu's closest friend. Amaterasu and Tsukiyomi went into a big fight which split them apart. The mother took their only child, Chiasa with her. The pain and bitterness began to consume Tsukiyomi turning him into something that worse of a demon. One night, Chiasa was caught sneaking to night wherein I found her. Amaterasu had disowned her and I could not let a child be raised by something most foul.

As it turns out, the child carried a fourth of each deity's power. Tsukiyomi sought to destroy the heavens and everything living. Creating an eternal night and to do that, he needed his other fourth back. To do so, either she would work willingly with him, or he would eat her.

One night, he found Chiasa. I barely managed to save her at least. She was still harmed. I managed to seal Tsukiyomi within her, and part of my own mental consciousness if she should attempt to free Tsukiyomi. Needless to say, I was devastated at losing Chiasa. She acted like my own kin and was the same age as Sesshomaru way back when. I made sure that her soul would reincarnate and since I loved her as a daughter, betrothed her by blood with my one son at the time, Sesshomaru. Notice her mark on her head.

Toga pointed to the moon mark. Sesshomaru was shocked and looked disgusted.

"I had no say in this, father. I mean no disrespect but I refuse to be with such a vile creature." Sesshomaru turned up his nose.

"Silence you impudent son!" Toga boomed. "I've long since passed from this world and I can not help her anymore. That is why only you will be able to stop Tsukiyomi and prevent the seal from breaking, Sesshomaru."