Chapter 17: Was it worth it?

A couple of days later...
         I wake up from a long and terrible dream that reminded me about the fight that happened a few days ago. It was basically a replay of what happened. I stretched and stared at midas for a bit. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I got up, stretched, and walked out of the bedroom.
The agency was very quiet but also on high alert at all times. They had thought that Chaos would be back. And honestly I think he would come back just no time soon. I walked around for a bit trying to see if anyone was awake, but I then realized it was 4 am and no one was gonna be awake. I turned on the tv and watched it for like two hours and then I decided to make breakfast. Halfway thought me making the breakfast, Midas and Skye woke up.
"Mmm what smells delicious" Skye said as walked in the kitchen. "I'm making breakfast" I replied, as I shouted across the kitchen. I brought the food over to the table where she was standing at and I saw Midas slowly walking behind her, trying to scare her. I smiled. "Morning Skye" Midas said out of no where. "Ahh" Skye screamed, a bit startled. I laughed as Skye and her tiny hat looked at Midas annoyingly. "You scared me, M!" Skye said. He just rolled his eye and smiled.
"Hmm someone is in a good mood today" I said staring at Midas. "I guess" he replied. As we started eating, the others started to join us one by one until everyone was here. For the rest of the time he stayed quiet. After breakfast, nothing interesting happened today. Midas basically locked himself in his office, the girls were hanging out in the pool and I took my time to talk to some of the henchman. Even though I wasn't allowed to. I asked the basic question like what was their name, what did they think about the agency, what do the think about Midas, etc.
After dinner, Midas and I went up to the balcony to sit and talk like we normally did. We talked about what happened recently with the fight and there were also long periods of time where we just started at the sunset and didn't say anything. "Midas.." I said looking straight at the sunset. He turned his to look at me. "The fight from a few days ago.... tell me, was it worth it?" He thought for a second and sighed. "No, it wasn't" he replied. He kissed me on my head and looked at the sunset. We sat there for at least an hour enjoying the sunset.