Chapter 6: A couple of lies and a truth

At this point they were all the girls were looking at me and I knew I had to give them an answer.
        "Well there isn't really much about me to talk about" I say stalling. "Nonsense, there's gotta be at least one thing about yourself." Skye said. "How about... why did you want to join the agency?" She continued. "Well, I wanted to join the agency because I've always wanted to be a spy and my friend told me about it". They nod their heads as I finished. "So what was your childhood like?" Maya said curiously.
          The truth was I didn't have a real childhood. The first few years of my life I spent them in Lazy Lake. But I was then captured by shadow. I thought about what I was gonna say. "I lived in lazy with a couple of my friends. We spent out time learning how to fight and going on pretend missions" I said. They looked interested.
           I continued looking around but the boss caught my eye. And the girls must of seen me looking at him because they said something. "Whatcha looking at?" Skye said even though she knew what I was looking at.
            "That's Midas" Maya said. "He quite and keeps to himself most of the time" she continues. "As long as you don't mess with him, he won't mess with you" Tntina chimed in. I nodded.
           After a while we all got out of the pool and we're just talking about life. Skye has been working for the agency for 5 years, Tntina for 7 and Maya for 8.  I had my first practice tomorrow so I had to get some sleep and get ready for it.
✨————————-The Next Day————————✨
          The next day I woke up to a knock at my door followed by footsteps of someone walking away. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and put on a white shirt and black sweatpants. When I arrived to the room there was no one there except for Midas.
          "Hello Agent L/n" he said as I walked in. "Hey" I said slightly smiling. I looked over and saw he was organizing a table filled with a bunch of things on it. "Do you need help" I said walking over. " Yeah" he said not looking at me. About 5 or so minutes later the rest of the agents came in.