Chapter 3: Ghost Pt. 1

The next morning I opened my eyes to see what time it was. 7:30. My interview was in a hour and 30 minutes and to be honest I was quite excited. I continued to wonder. What would it be like at the agency? How would they treat me?
Even though there were many questions in my head I continue to think about one specific one. Should I tell them I tell them about me escaping from shadow?
While I was thinking, my thoughts were wiped away when I realized I was wasting time and I had to go see everyone before I went on my interview. I took a quick shower and looked in my closet for something to wear.
                        ****30 minutes later****
          I go downstairs and eat a piece a toast and head out the door. Everyones house was near by so I didn't have to go far but I texted everyone to see if they were awake first. After texting them, I went to Flapjackie's house. "Hey Y/n" Flapjackie said with a smile. "Hey" I said as walked in and see Drift, Yellow Jacket and Rox sitting down talking to each other. "Excited for your interview" Yellow jacket said as they all turned to look at me. "Yeah, I guess" I said as I sat down next to her. " You guess? What's wrong? You'll do great" Rox tells me. "I mean I'm not scared" I lied. I wasn't going to tell them but I was pretty scared to meet the people of ghost. Rox shrugged her shoulders and look at the tv. I looked at the clock and jumped up. It said 8:40. "I better get going" I say I walk out of the door. I could hear all of them yelling bye as I got into my whiplash and drove to the agency.
              When I got there I looked at the place. It looked huge and it definitely looked bigger than the pictures. I moved closer to the building and I was greeted by a person who looked half cat, half man. "Hello" he said. "You must be Y/n L/n" he continued. I nodded my head as he led me inside. When I got inside I was in awe. I never really seen a place like it and for someone who had been trapped in the dark and also the smallest place in the grotto, this place seems really cool.
           He led me to the interview room and while I was walking, I spotted a hallway full of gold. "Woah" I thought to myself. I continued walking until we got to the room. "Come Inside" the person said. We both sat down and he started talking.
" Hello Y/n, I'm meowscles" he said as he held out his hand or paw.
"Hello" I said as I grabbed his hand to shake it.
"Ok so first question..." I nodded as he paused.
"Why did you want to join ghost"
I paused. I wasn't about to tell him I wanted to join ghost because I wanted revenge on shadow. I wasn't going to tell him if I actually wanted this job.
" I wanted to join because.... I wanted to become a spy officially after practicing for years". He nodded as I gave my answer.
          I didn't fully lie. When I was with shadow, they originally made Rox and I  work for them. So we went on missions and learned how to use guns and how to fight even though we already knew how. But for a year they stopped sending us on mission and just kept us inside.
"Ok so does that mean you have experience with guns and fighting"
"Yes"
         After 5 minutes of Meowscles asking me questions he got up.
"Well that's it. I think you did pretty well" he said as he looked at me. I smiled as he opened the door and walked me to the front door. "By tomorrow you should know if you got in or not". I nodded my head and waved as I walked away.
          I wasn't so sure how I did. Or if I would pass. I thought Meowscles was pretty nice though.
          I got to my house and everyone was their. I went straight upstairs to change before saying hi to everyone.
          "Hey guys" I said as I walked downstairs. "Hey" Rox said as she looked up at me. "How do you think you did" Yellow Jacket said as she looked up from helping Flapjackie. "I mean the person who interviewed me was nice. And I think I did good" I walked closer to them to see what they were doing. "We made cookies" Flapjackie said as she held up a tray.
         I laughed at Flapjackie's happiness. My phone ringed and I saw I got a text. I read the text and excitement filled my body. "I got the job!" I basically screamed as I read the rest of the text. I ran up to Flapjackie and Yellow Jacket. They smiled. "How do you know" Yellow Jacket said as she looked up from the cookies she was baking. "I just got a text from them" I replied. "Well I'm happy for you" Flapjackie said. Rox and Drift came over to congratulate me.
         For the rest of the night we celebrated with cookies and sushi until they all had to go.
"I can't wait to start my new job" I said to myself as I started to head to bed. I honestly didn't expect for me to get the job.

———————————————————————————