Chapter 8: Liar

Y/n Perspective:

        I was fixing up my room and Meowsclues walked in. "Hey y/n," he said as he walked in. "Hey Meowsclues," I said wondering why he came in the first place. "Midas wants to see you," he said turning his head and looking in the hallway. "Ok, I'll go in a bit," I said as I put everything away.
I walked down to Midas's office which was in a long hallway right in front of the vault. I opened the door and he looked straight up at me. "You wanted to see me?" I said as I walked closer to the desk. "Yes, so I wanted to know where you practice before joining the agency," Midas said as I sat down.
I gulped. I didn't wanna tell him that I worked for shadow before. I sat there figuring out what to say. I didn't want to lie to my boss and even if I lied he could just look in my file and see it. I had no real choice.
" I practiced with my friends back in Lazy Lake. We use to fight each other to practice and find targets to shoot at. My father would also sometimes practice with me" I said. Even though all of that was true, I learned nothing from doing that. So technically I lied. I learned from practicing with shadow for the years I was a "spy" for them. When I would practice with it friends, it was all just for fun.
         I looked up at Midas who was looking at some of the papers on his desk. He had black hair, tattoos that covered most of his arm and neck, one golden eye and the other had a scar over it.
I was in mid-thought when Midas looked up started talking. "That's nice," he said looking straight at me.
He glanced at my files and I then noticed that they were there. I got scared for a second thinking that maybe he already went through them and know that I lied.
"I also grew up in Lazy Lake," he said looking up at me again this time though, he had a slight smile. It may have seemed like I was here for a while cause of all the thoughts in my head about me lying. I didn't say anything to the fact he also lived in Lazy. I just smiled. "Well, Agent l/n you can leave now". I nodded, got up and left.
I had a lot of questions in my head. Like did he read the files? What would he do if he found out that I used to work for shadow?
          I walked up to my room with all the questions in my head. I flopped on the bed and laid there.