Chapter 13: Birthday Destruction

I had set my alarm pretty early because today was no regular day. I had walked over to the calendar a circled the days date. Today was May 31 otherwise known as Midas's birthday! I was so excited.
I rushed over to his room to see if he was awake. I quietly open the door and to my surprise he was still asleep. I stared at him for a bit. He looked so peaceful when he slept. My pone started to beep so I moved away from the door because I didn't wanna wake him up. It was a notification from my calendar. I thought it was just to say it was Midas's birthday but to my surprise I had actually put something else there.
"Oh no" I thought. I had COMPLETELY forgot that Midas and I had to go on a mini mission today. I tried to think positive about this. I rushed down the stairs trying not to fall to see if I could find Maya. Luckily she was sitting in the living room, watching Skye and Meowscles play video games.
              "Maya!" I said kinda worried about his surprise party. "Oh hey y/n, everything ok?" She replied looking at me kinda weirdly. "Well basically Midas and I apparently have a mission to go on today. So I can't help y'all with the decorations". She thought for a second. "Hmm think about y/n, this is perfect". I was confused. What did she mean this was perfect. "Uhh Maya, what do you mean?". " What I mean y/n is that now we don't have to come up with some reason for him not to be in the agency. You could take him on the mission and while y'all are gone we can do the decorating!". She smiled looking really excited. I trusted them but the thing was I had all the decorations planned in my head already. I didn't know if it was gonna look well. "Y/n, I know you think it might not look good but I promise you, it will be great!" Skye said, joining our conversation. They were both smiling trying to convince me it would be ok. "Ok ok fine. Just make it look nice".
             "..Make what look nice" Midas said as soon as he walked down the stairs. "Oh- uh nothing" I said smiling. I ran up to him and gave him a hug. "Happy birthday Midas!" I said, while still hugging him. "Thank you love" he replied, whispering a bit. He pulled away from the hug and looked at Maya and Skye. They smiled and both said happy birthday followed by Meowscles saying happy birthday too. After they said what they had to say, Midas looked at me.
            " You know we have to go on a mission today right?" He said staring at me. I rolled my eyes. "I know" I said annoyed. He put his arm around my shoulder. "What's the matter y/n?" he said slightly smiling at me. I looked down and smiled. "It's just... why do we gotta go on a mission on your birthday?" I said staring at him. "Because my love, there was no other day to go". He kissed me on my nose and let go of me. I stood there rolling my eyes but smiling at the same time. Midas walked off to the kitchen and the girls were smiling at me.
           "What??" I said as they looked at me with excitement.  "Because my love, there was no other day we could go" Maya said mocking Midas. I laughed. "For real though, y'all are so cute!" Skye said smiling and bouncing up and down. The little hat on her head had fallen and the face that was once happy on it turned into an angry face. "Oops, sorry Ollie" she said as she picked it back up. I giggled along with Maya and Tntina decided to join us. After that, we started talking about plans for the party.
———————————————————————————
A/n:

Hi everyone! I know I took a LONG break from this story because I was moving from place to place and school work but now I am back and will be writing much more often! There will also be a part 2 to this chapter so stay tuned!