Chapter 12: The 100% Truth

"Well actually it was because...." I swallowed thinking about where to start and how to say it all. "Don't lie to me Y/n" he said. I looked up at him. "I just wanna know why you choose to switch teams". I sighed and continued. "Well I was never actually apart of shadow". He raised one eyebrow and placed both of his arms on his desk. "Tell me more". I really didn't want to make it seem like I was lying but I just stopped worrying and started to hope he believes me.
        "For the beginning years of my life I lived in Lazy with all my friends and family. My mother was a ghost agent and was killed. My father then captured me and held me hostage with shadow until I was giving a task to come spy on ghost.... my friend, Rox and I never actually did the task though. We used it as our way to escape and I guess I joined ghost because I always wanted to be a real spy and not be a prisoner to a spy place. I also did it for revenge on shadow I guess" I stopped. That was a lot to take in, even for myself who lived through all of that. I was never ever gonna tell him who my father was. He is dead to me even if he's not literally dead. And my mother. He should know who she is.
"Nightlife....." he trailed of as he looked at my file. He tapped his fingers against the table. "But if your mother is Nightlife then that means your father is....."  "Yea" I said stopping his sentence. I didn't even wanna hear his name.
"So you do know, your father killed your mother right?" he said moving a pen around on his desk. "Yea I know". "I would've thought that as the leader of shadow and the person who took you in the first place, Chaos would've been more..... careful when watching you" he said kind of trailing off. "You know Midas, I was trapped there for years. Majority of my life was spent in the walls of the grotto. He just thought that he could trust me I guess". "Well we will never be like that towards you in ghost" he said. I nodded.
It sounded so bad in my head but I had to accept the fact that he was my father. It's not like I can do anything about it. But I realized.. I had never been the truthful to anyone in the agency. In fact most of the things I said to people was all lies. "You know Y/n, I was kind of worried that you had tricked all of us for shadow.... but it all makes sense....." he stopped for a second. "..and you do kinda look like Nightlife" he said smiling a bit a the end. "I'd always like to think I looked like her. I don't have much memory of her or memory of what Chaos looked like before he was.... basically liquid. But I wouldn't wanna look like him anyways" I said crossing my arms when I mentioned Chaos. He smiled and stood up and took my hand. I also stood up and he faced me.
"Im sorry for being so distant towards you today" he said looking directly into my eyes. Even though he only had one golden eye I felt as if I was falling into it. "It's ok..." I said kinda softly . "Just don't do it again" I said standing up, crossing my arms and acting a bit annoyed. He laughed and I realized that, that was the first time I had ever heard him laugh. I really think he should do it often.
We walked to the balcony of his bedroom not too long later and just stood there. It was sunset and by far one of my favorite times of the day. It just looked to so cool and so relaxing. "Do you like sunsets" he said looking at me. The sun shining on him made it look like he was glowing. "I love them. It's probably my favorite time of the day" I said staring at the sun and the gorgeous pink, blue and orangish yellow background behind it.
He pulled up a chair and sat down. He then pulled me down to sit on his lap and put his arms around me. We sat there the whole time.
Until all you saw was dark blue and a small white circle up in the sky.