Chapter 10: Love me or not, Here I come

It was a rainy boring Sunday. You know the type of gloomy day you would think of when thinking of a Sunday or Monday.
          Everyone was scattered around the Agency doing things. Maya, Tina and Skye were playing among us when I got downstairs. All you could hear was "I KNEW YOU WERE IMPOSTER" and Skye screaming like usual. Meowsclues was playing on Skye switch and surprisingly Midas was out of his room or his office.
      "Hmm maybe today will be a good day since he's not in his office" I said jokingly under my breath as I walked toward the kitchen. "Why stay in my office if I have no more work to do" he answered which scared me a bit cause I thought I was being quiet. He began smirked when he saw I got a bit scared.
        We were talking about basic stuff like agency things and the people in the agency. While we were talking Skye came into the kitchen with everyone else were flowing her.
       "Hey do you guys wanna play hide and seek" she said as she peaked into the kitchen. We looked at each other and back at Skye. "Sure" I said getting up and putting my plates in the sink. Midas did the same and followed me into the living room close behind me.
         "So you all know the rules right" Skye said as soon as we walk in. "It's hide and seek" Midas said. "How hard can it be".  Skye gave him an annoyed look and moved on. "Maya and Meowsclues are the seekers" Skye said pointing toward them. Everyone looked at each other and began to run to their spots. They were counting to 100 cause the place is so big.
        "Come with me" Midas said pulling my arm towards him.  He let's go a bit and gently grabs my hand to lead me to the spot. Since we weren't allowed to go to any of the floors above Midas's office we decided to hide near the vault in a corner near the vent.
        It was a tight space so we were right next to each other. We could hear them counting from where we were so when they hit 100 we got extra quiet. "Is anyone near the vault" Maya says looking around. We tried to stand as quiet as possible and it was so dark she couldn't see us. When she left we both sighed and I turned around to face him. I didn't realize how close I was to him until I turned around.
      He tried not to look me in his eyes and I saw his cheeks turn slightly red as he tried harder not to look at me. "Are you blushing" I ask trying to get him to look at me. He soon stop trying to not look at me and stared at me. He smiled. "I mean.... y-your kinda cute y/n". I smiled as he continued. "You always seemed to impress me with your skills and...well.. your heart". At this point he was whispering so soft which made it sound cuter but I know it was mostly because we didn't wanna get found.
       From far across the Agency we heard laughter and stuff so we guessed they were all found. "Hmm where are Y/n and Midas" Tntina said "They probably hid together" Skye said. There was small laughing but it stopped. I rolled my eyes but smiled at the fact that we could actually hear them. I ignored them for a bit and looked a Midas who looked like he didn't take his eye off of me the whole time.
"Your also very cute Midas.... I just didn't wanna say anything cause I thought it would be...." I trailed off. "Weird?" He says finishing my sentence. "Yea. I thought it would be weird".  We ignored the footsteps coming closer and he leaned in and kissed me. The moment of us looking at each other after was soon broken when we heard them.
      "Found y'all" Tntina said as the rest of them came running in the room. We moved away from the spot and smiled at each other.

✨————————Later that night———————-✨

I went into Midas room for the first time. It was huge and everything was gorgeous. A Alaska king bed which was one I've never heard of before. "It's bigger than a California king which is what I had before this" he said sitting on it. I had slowly fallen asleep on his shoulder as the movie went on. Before I officially went to bed he tucked me in, kissed on the head and laid next to me.