2 - SPY

Kylo had to get away, he had to be alone. These could have been his last moments of solitude.

He decided to wander around the palace.

Thankfully no one paid much attention to him, everyone was too preoccupied with the planning of the wedding.

Queen Solsta took refuge in her quarters. Her dress and hair was already styled. She layed upon a divan, looking out through her large window which gave her a splendid view of the city.

She let out a shaky breath. Her tears had already dried.

There was a soft knock at her door.

"Your majesty, it's me."

Recognizing the voice, she yelled at her guards to let Romulus in.

Out of all her advisors, Solsta valued Romulus's opinions the most. They grew up together so he was the most trustworthy.

"Ugh I know what you're going to say. Please spare me the negative feedback.", she rubbed her temples, she was starting to get a headache.

Romulus stood before the queen.

"I'm not here to scold you...if you want my opinion I will give it. But you called for me."

In fact he had a whole list of questions to ask her and a whole angry speech about how stupid it was for her to accept Kylo Ren's proposal. But he refrained from saying any of this, he didn't want to get kicked out, after all she had requested for his presence.

Romulus looked at the queen. She looked beautiful in her cream-colored wedding dress. She was always very beautiful to him. He loved her and was worried for her.

At some point, Romulus loved her more than a friend, but Solsta quickly shut that down when she told him, "You're not my type...well men, in general, aren't my type." After all, Romulus and Solsta worked better as friends.

Romulus knew what she was sacrificing...not just her potential trust in the people, her home planet, and...Tamina.

"Have you talked to Tamina yet?",Romulus hated bringing this up. He didn't want to, but he wondered if it was a part of the reason as to why Solsta looked distraught.

"Oh yes that.", the queen turned back out the window. "Well she was here moments ago..."

"She didn't take it well, I gather?"

Solsta shook her head, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "I'm surprised you didn't hear her screaming."

Romulus scratched the back of his head, he could imagine Tamina angrily yelling at the queen.

Romulus grew to care for Tamina as well. Solsta was a serious woman, a politician, a queen, a woman of power. Tamina was a bellydancer, loud and wild. She had caught the queen's eyes and she eventually became one of the queen's ladies-in-waiting.

At first Romulus was against it, he had heard the rumors and he had to see for himself, he was probably still hurt over Solsta's rejection, but he would never admit it to himself.

But then he saw them, the way Tamina would make the queen laugh, she brought an ease, a carelessness to the queen, one he had rarely seen. Eventually, Solsta introduced Tamina to him and they immediately hit it off. She was funny and wild and liked to drink and she made Romulus feel welcome. The trio of friends would drink late at night and had a strict rule, created by Tamina,"No work talk when I'm present!" Tamina brought Romulus and Solsta closer. When Tamina was around it was easy for them to open up to one another.

He felt bad for Tamina, the news of the engagement must have crushed her.

"Rom, I need you to get close to Ren. I need him to gain your trust."