6 - ROMULUS

Upon entering you looked around in awe at the grandeur of the palace.
Marble floorings, high ceilings, and tall pillars. Flower pots, water fountains and beautiful statues at every corner. You looked up at the ceiling, the stone work was incredible, every detail in the stone was hand sculpted. The glistening chandelier, you were sure if it fell, not only it's weight and length would kill someone, but the glass would fly, stabbing someone, the chandelier was that big.

Although you had been inside the palace on a number of occasions, it still managed to take your breath away each time.

Multiple arched windows allowed perfect air circulation inside the palace, so there was no need for air conditioning. The orange hews of the sun setting poured inside the palace, giving everything a golden tint.

This was crazy. You were chosen to be queen.
You were scared. You didn't want to be queen, you didn't want such a burden.

Romulus made his way to the front of the palace. Everyone was talking about how the new queen of Babilla had been picked.

He was to escort her and make preparations for her presentation to the king.

Romulus looked around to see who would be the new queen of Babilla.

He noticed Allegiant General Pyrde, Hux and the two Knights walking through the foyer. And then he noticed the stormtrooper walking alongside the pageant winner.

Romulus met eyes with her. He stopped in his tracks. Sweat began to form on his forehead.

NO. NO. NO.
NOT her...anyone but her....this can't be happening

Meeting your eyes, Romulus slowly shook his head at you. You began to open your mouth to speak. He shook his head more fervently. You closed your mouth, feeling your throat go dry.

Romulus tried to keep his composure as he walked over to you.

He cleared his throat as he stopped the group of First Order officials.
"I have been ordered to make sure she goes through the proper preparations before meeting his majesty.",his voice cracked as he spoke. He avoided your gaze.

Allegiant General Pryde looked Romulus up and down. Not fully convinced he still nodded his head at Romulus and made his way to Kylo Ren.

Hux still stood there and looked between Romulus and you. Hux noticed how stressed Romulus looked. He then followed after Pryde, turning back every now and then at Romulus.

Yet again you opened your mouth to talk, but Romulus raised his hand up slightly to stop you.

You gulped. The stormtroopers didn't leave your side as you were following behind Romulus.

The elevator ride was a deadly silent one. You hated it. You wanted to so badly say something to Romulus.

He didn't dare look at you, but you looked at him and saw how tense he was.

You walked down a long open corridor. You neared the arcs and looked down seeing how high up you were. A fall from this height would definitely mean death.

The pillars and the sides of the walls were covered in vines and flowers. Some greenery even decorated the arched openings, from which you were sure some must have fallen to their death.

Romulus stopped in front of the door.
The door slid open and he signaled for you to enter, he turned to a stormtrooper telling him to notify the maids that the new queen has been chosen and awaits their service.

The door slid shut behind Romulus, he typed into the mini screen on the side of the door, locking it.

You couldn't help yourself, you ran to him and threw your arms around his torso.