11: καλά Χριστούγεννα!

Longer chapter, buckle up fellas.
(Edit: I said this back then. But now all we do is long chapters. If you can't get through this you are too weak to proceed, lol.)

***

It was only supposed to be a short nap.

Turning over with a groan Taylor saw the time once again, though her stomach hinted at just how long she had been sleeping. 2:30 pm. Goodness. She'd missed most the day. If she listened closely she could hear soft melodies outside. She peeked out the curtain. On the sidewalk in front of the hotel, a group of carolers sang Greek Christmas hymns. Curiously she looked across the road. The light post was upright once again, braced at the bend, and had a gaggle of irritated men talking about it writing in important-looking notebooks. She shut her curtains and looked at the box, stomach grumbling. 

"You'll have to wait, I'm starving." 

She was back in her yellow puffer coat, it was quickly becoming her favorite. And on her wrist was the bracelet, cuffed on the opposite one from last night. She was on the hunt for some food. Grocer was closed, she couldn't find a restaurant still serving (many here were small family-owned businesses), but that bakery...Taylor sighed...hopefully it had actual food as well. 

The door rang when she opened it which was a detail she had missed in her first visit. Inside was homey, warm. Only a few tables invaded an otherwise uncrowded space. There was not one empty space on the walls though, they were filled with decorations. There was even a wreath on the door, and a tiny Christmas village on top of the glass cabinet which housed the baked goods. It was fairly empty inside, both the cabinet and the building itself. Eyes lingering disappointingly on the case she walked up to the counter. The employee was an elderly gentleman, with tanned skin and bushy grey eyebrows. He raised one when he noticed Taylor's look and said something in very fast Greek. It sounded apologetic, her face was apologetic as well.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand..." He grumbled something under his breath before answering. 

"I was saying we are out of Christopsomo, more will be made tonight if the dough can rise before there is another demand for it baked. But, you are not here for this?" Taylor shook her head.

"I'm just wondering if you have any meals? Maybe sandwiches or something...nothing seems to be open-"

"It will be hard for you to find somewhere open yes. I stay open, Christians pay good money for their traditions. I make the bread I make the dessert and they say 'oh thank you, God bless you.' And I say thank you because it is polite but...we are slow until we have more Christopsomo so..." Taylor nodded. "We have sandwiches through our cafe, are you vegetarian?"

"No."

"Vegan?"

"No."

"Gluten intoleran- well...nah...I saw you yesterday. You were in quite a hurry I saw. How about a ham and cheese? Maybe some pretzels and a drink?"

"That would be wonderful. Caramel Latte if you could?"

"Of course." The man put her order in and she paid. A few minutes later she was full up, and was wondering what she was gonna do for dinner if nothing was going to be open. Just frequent this coffee shop? She cannot be eating this much bread. A small ring from the door caused Taylor to look up and instantly pale. The man from yesterday strolled in looking as regal as ever. His hair was pulled back showing a strong jawline. He wore a different suit, this one plain with a green colored button-up under a dark patchwork blazer. It was very academic, like a librarian...a sexy librarian. Hot diggity shit-He looked over. Fuck. Taylor pulled out her phone like she hadn't been oogling this man and opened her reading app. She didn't remember what book it was, didn't register what was on the page, just kept looking at her phone trying to ignore the man. It'd be weird if she left now, so she'd wait a few minutes an-