29: FIGARO~

Formal, a formal dress. God, Taylor wasn't planning on attending any formal events on her vacation. 

Her savior was Alice, who packed her the only dress in Taylor's bag. And with it, the white opal earrings Taylor had refused to wear in Greece. She wasn't born in October, but you can't believe every superstition out there. Besides, these were the only earrings she had in her bag.

Taylor studied herself, pressing down on the Hollywood tape beneath the dress' plunging neckline. It was late, no sun to bear down upon her. Instead, Taylor prayed she would not sweat from nervousness, she wasn't used to such a low cut. The dress was backless, overlay with intricate black lace atop a smooth dark fabric. She had trouble at first finding the front of the dress, looping her arms through like it was some sort of fancy suspenders. Her only piece of semi-formal attire flowed just above Taylor's knees. Her hair was only half up, leaving her bangs loose about her face as well as her neck at least partially covered from the night air. That was the end of her fancy dress, however. As on her feet were sneakers, in her hand heels, and about her shoulders was a yellow puffer coat. Nodding to herself she slipped on a pair of spandex and grabbed a drawstring bag before setting off.

Downstairs was another piece essential for the night to begin. She held that more gingerly than her other items, afraid to damage it. No one was in the home tonight, her parents were having dinner with Aro and Sculpicia that night. A final goodbye as the show came to an end. Darnell had received medication from the doctor and felt well enough to go out on the town before leaving Italy for good. Taylor was uninterrupted as she exited the home.

To be true, the dinner was also a favor to Taylor, Agatha was aware how in the way that quirky brother could be. When Taylor tried mentioning going out that night with Marcus, Aro had moved to invite he and his wife along. To introduce Taylor to Sculpicia formally (though they had already met informally). Luckily for Taylor, Agatha was nearby. Well, that should not be completely chalked up to luck alone. Agatha had a feeling she would need to be nearby. Still, Taylor was unable to fully extend an invitation to Marcus in the rush. So no one knew to leave the front doors unlocked for Taylor's arrival. She could call Marcus of course...or she could be dramatic.

"There, my dearest, that gate is never used." Angel whispered, despite no one else being able to hear her. It simply fit the atmosphere to whisper. Taylor nodded, indicating that she had heard the spirit.

An old gate of thick wrought iron protruded from within the garden border. It was large, and uncared for, Taylor had to put her whole weight into her shove to get the thing opened. When it did open it did so to a new wing of the grounds, one Taylor was sure she was not supposed to be in. Taylor stepped carefully, backing into the gate to shut it behind her. Then she waited. Angel closed her eyes, listening closely with a hand raised. With an encouraging smile she then motioned forward. Taylor was slow and low to the ground in her movements.

Ivy had overtaken the shrubbery here, planters were some torn apart. Even brittle to the touch. The stonework here was just as extravagant as the rest of the garden Taylor had seen, yet it was buried beneath ages of dust and weathering. This was indeed a very neglected part of the castle. Angel stopped, Taylor did so in turn, quickly Angel motioned for Taylor to hurry. The two slipped between a wall of damp stone and creeping vines which in turn sat behind a wall of rushing water. This seemed to be an unfinished fountain of some sort, draining into a murky canal that flowed through the place like a fast-moving reminder that it existed at all. Far off, Angel could spot a figure. Taylor was relying completely on Angel's senses to make it through this ordeal which was much more dangerous than Taylor realized. The figure stopped a moment, but they were upwind. They listened but Taylor was only just too far to hear. Focusing, Angel dissipated, reappearing next to the wandering Felix. She only need distract him for a moment, half a second perhaps, they did not have to go this way but did need to get past his route. A faint rustling of leaves, unfamiliar to the patterns of the wind, drew his attention a mile away. That was barely enough.