12.

listen to the song while reading rn or I'll suck your toes while you're asleep 😤

Also are you guys aware that this book is kinda based off a book/movie called after? If you knew, marry me rn.
//

Catra's POV

I sat in cafe with very few people. Most people that came in would order and go. I just wanted to get out of the house for a bit and thought sitting at a cafe while studying for tests I have the upcoming week, was the best solution. I grabbed my coffee and went over to the station where sugar, milk and straws were laid out. I got a sugar packet and put it inside my coffee.

Once I was done, I turned around but stopped when I saw adora in front of me. "Hi.." she said with a warm smile.

"uh hey" I replied, trying to avoid making eye contact with her. I ended up staring into her eyes anyway. There was no point in trying. 

"l can't seem to stay away from you" I heard.

My head snapped up and my ears perked up in surprise to what I was hearing. "What?" I asked, with slightly wide eyes.

"Well, we're gonna see each other. You're friends with glimmer and so am I, plus you're on the cheer team and I play football. The universe apparently doesn't want us to be apart either" she said, putting her hands in the pockets of her red leather jacket.

She was right. We see each other almost everywhere, so it didn't make much sense to keep our distance. Besides, a part of me didn't want to.

"Look, catra lets just start over, just reset and we can be—"I cut her off mid sentence.

"Friends?" I said with a risen eyebrow.

"Well why not?" She asked. I scoffed and looked down for a second, then back to staring into her greyish blue orbs.

"I wanna show you something" she continued.

"So show me then" I responded.

"It's a..it's a place" she murmured.

I stared at her before softly smiling. "I think..we should just continue to keep our distance" I denied her offer.

She stepped back a few steps and I let out a giggle. "I'll see you around" she smirked then walked over to the bar.

I walked towards the door but stopped. I can't ignore her AND my feelings forever. The more I ignore her, the more I wanted to be with her. I sighed before walking back to adora. She noticed me coming over and she smiled.

"This is not because I like you"

//

I stared out the window as adora drives to wherever she's taking me. The roads were kinda empty and there was trees everywhere. She would glance at me every once in awhile and I honestly didn't mind it. The music in the car suddenly lowers and I see adora turning the radio down.

"Why'd you turn it down? It was good" I asked with a smile.

"Yeah well I'm not a Bon Iver fan" She commented.

"Why not? They're good and talented" I said with my arms now folded.

She let out a chuckle. "They are but not really my type" she replied with her eyes focused on the road.

I smirked. "Then what is your type?" I asked.

She seemed to get the memo and turned to look at me with a smile. "I think it's obvious what type is" she bit down her lip before looking back at the road.

I blushed. I have to admit, I missed being around her. Of course you'd never catch me saying that out loud but, she made me feel...I don't know, happy? Which is probably the first time in awhile.