15.

Adora's POV

I felt horrible for snapping at her like that. I didn't mean to but its been a hard night for me. It still doesn't excuse me for taking my anger out on her. God, I'm so stupid. It's the middle of the night and she came to help me and I fucked her over. I couldn't let her just walk away. I got off the hammock and ran out the back gate, hoping she didn't leave yet. I saw the head lights of her car reversing out the parking lot.

"Wait!" I shouted.

She stopped and looked at me through the windshield. I sighed in relief as the car stopped. The lights from her car were blinding me but i didn't care. She got out the car and stood next to the opened car door. I walked over to her and she glared at me. Her eyes were red and kinda puffy. "What?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit. I don't what came over me but I put my hands on both sides of her face, pulling her in for a kiss. The moment our lips connected, everything I felt a couple moments ago left my body. All i could think about was her.

She pulled away and locked eyes with me. "Why did you do that?" She asked. Her voice was soft and her eyes had a sparkle in them.

"I—I don't know but I do know that I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get upset with you" I apologized, pressing my forehead against hers.

"It's fine, I understand that you're going through something...But do that again and I will hurt you" she replied, sending me a death glare.

I laughed and she smiled. She shivered and I lift my head up from hers. I put my hand on her arm to pull her closer but realized she was freezing. "Cmon let's go inside you're freezing" I said, taking off my hoodie and giving it to her.

"I have to get home it's late—" I cut her off mid sentence "which is exactly why you're not going anywhere. I don't want you driving alone at 1 in the morning, so just stay here for the night" I explained.

She rolled her eyes and nodded. I smiled at her and gave her a small peck. "Go warm up inside I'll park your car" I demanded. She let out a small yawn and tiredly walked inside. I couldn't help but smile as I watched her. Im slowly falling in love with her more and more every day. I don't think I'll be ready to let her go when it's time to tell her..

After I parked her car, I went inside. I saw glimmer and bow passed out on the couch. The kitchen looked clean and almost as if nothing happened. I'll have to thank them for that later. And apologize. I felt bad for lashing out on them like that.

I walked upstairs to my room and saw my door half closed. I went inside and saw catra, curled up on my bed. I smiled at how gorgeous she looked while sleeping. I pulled the blanket over her and looked for some comfortable bottoms and another hoodie to wear.

I didn't know if she'd feel comfortable with me sleeping next to her so I decided to sleep in the guest room. Just as I was about to leave I heard a groan. I turned around and saw her different colored eyes looking at me. "Where you going? It's late" she mumbled.

"Nowhere, just to the guest room" I said, walking back over to my bed and sitting on the edge.

"Why? Just sleep in here weirdo" she said, yawning and looking at me tiredly.

"I didn't know if you were comfortable with me sleeping next to you" I said, moving her short messy hair out her face.

"It only sounds wrong if you think about it wrong. Now stop being weird and come to bed" she yawned once more and closed her eyes.

I smiled at her and turned the lamp off. I walked over to the other side of the bed and laid down, our backs facing each other.

//

My phone pinged and my eyebrows furrowed. Who the hell could be texting me at 3 in the morning. I picked it up and saw a text from Lonnie. I ignored it and rolled on my back, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. I felt like my head was over flooding with thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I heard catra ask.

My head turns to my right. "I thought you were sleeping" i replied, ignoring her question.

"Yeah well you woke me up with all your moving" she said glaring at me a bit.

I smiled then sighed. "I can't sleep" I told her, staring into her eyes. 

"Well you need to sleep, we have school tomorrow" she said, yawning.

I was lost in her eyes. I turned my body so that I could lay on my side. I got a better look of her face and smile at how beautiful she was. Her cheeks had freckles. I never noticed that. I brought my hand up to her face and caressed her cheek.

"I'm only letting you do this because I'm half asleep" she said as her eyes started closing.

I chuckled. "Yeah sure" I replied. Her eyes closed and she started purring as my thumb brushed over her cheek softly. I smiled at the sound coming from her. I've never heard her purr before, it was adorable. I kissed her forehead and watched as she slept peacefully. I unfortunately wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-