19.

Catra's POV

i laid in adoras arms, watching the sunset in our now designated spot. Her hands ran through my short brown hair, that was recently trimmed for its monthly maintenance. I closed my eyes, falling into the comfort of her embrace.

"can i ask you something?" she asked, breaking the peaceful silence.

"is it worth making me open my eyes?" i asked, slightly irritated that she interrupted the silence.

"i just wanted to know what your mom meant when she said she thought she'd never see you with another girl..did something happen before that i don't know about?" she asked.

now my silence was not only interrupted, but it was disturbed. i opened my eyes and sighed, leaning off of her. "it's nothing. it's really stupid, don't worry about it"

i leaned against the tree, my tail wrapping around my body as i hugged my knees. my whole mood was upside down. i didn't want to remember to my moms words. i didn't want to remember nor think about the past. i didn't wanna think about her.

adoras arm snaked around my waist, pulling me back in and kissing my cheek. "hey don't worry about it. i'm sorry for bringing it up"

"don't be sorry. you deserve to know but..i don't wanna talk about it right now" i turned to look at her, only to see her pretty blue eyes staring back at me. all i saw was genuineness and understanding. i looked away taking a deep breath, and put my head in her chest. i always tried to hide my emotions when it came to adora, but i couldn't. she could read everything about me and when i look into her eyes, i felt myself falling for her again everytime.

"let's change the topic. i personally think your mom really likes me" adora grinned.

i scoffed and rolled my eyes. "my mom likes everyone, you're not special"

she huffed. "yeah well i felt special"

"yea okay" i giggled.

she smiled as she watched my laugh at her. she stared at me, looking absolutely mesmerized by me. i stopped my laughter and stared back at her, my face getting hot.

"you're still nervous around me" adora pointed out.

i scoffed and broke eye contact, looking away from her. "i am not!"

"yes you are!" she snuck up behind me, kissing my neck, sending shivers down my spine and a wave of emotions through my body. i hated what she did to me sometimes

//

Adora dropped me home, as always. she dropped me home a little earlier than usual because she had practice for a game tomorrow. coach was making them practice extra even though the school they were going against was atrocious.

Instead of going inside, we were leaned up against adoras parked jeep in my driveway. she had time to spare and i didn't want her to go just yet. sure, i've spent the last few days with her which is why it was so hard for her to leave now.

"are you sure you can't just..i don't know, skip practice" i complained as i leaned against her.

she wrapped her arms around me and kissed my lips. "coach will literally kill me and not to brag but i'm the star player so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to miss practice" she answered.

i looked in her eyes in defeat. she was right but at least i tried to change her mind. i leaned off of her, holding her hand as i walked to my doorstep. i turned to look at her, playing with her fingers as i held her hand.