9.

Adora's POV

"Adora how could you agree to something like this?!?"

"I don't know, glimmer"

She let out a heavy sigh as i stuffed my face into a pillow. Long story short, Lonnie told glimmer and bow about the dare, now I'm being lectured.

"Does this mean this whole "catradora" thing is fake? It's all just a game?" Bow asked.

I lifted my head up and laid on my back so I was staring at the ceiling. "I don't know...I was drunk and I let Lonnie get in my head" I sighed.

"That's what Lonnie does, adora! She gets in your head! I told you that you shouldn't have trusted her!" Glimmer huffed.

I rolled my eyes. She was right though, they warned me but I didn't listen. If you wanna be honest, this is my fault.

//

Catra's POV

It's Monday and I was being forced to participate in sparkles dumb car wash fundraiser. Luckily I didn't have to wash any cars, well after I threatened to scratch her eyes out. I was in charge of sitting at some dumb table with crop top boy and giving out tickets. Wasn't too bad, wish we had a fucking umbrella though.

I was on my phone when a shadow appeared in front of me. I look up and see blondie smiling at me.

"Oh look you came" I said sarcastically.

"What, were you expecting me?" She asked.

"No just surprised you weren't here earlier since you and sparkles are like balls in a nutsack" I snorted.

"Couldn't have just said peas in a pod?" adora asked, sighing.

I playfully smirk before handing her a ticket. She took it and handed me the money. She walked off somewhere and I turned around to see crop top boy struggling to carry boxes.

"Awe you look like you need help" I said.

"Yeah I do!!" He admits.

"interesting" I smirked and turned back around.

//

"Catra we need you on car wash duty!!"

I rolled my eyes as I hear that pink ball of glitter shouting from behind me.

"no you don't" I replied. She sighed and stood in front of me.

"Perfuma got sick so now you have to take her place" she explained.

"And her getting sick is somehow my problem?" I rose an eyebrow.

"Ugh! Just please! It's only one car!" She begged.

I threw my head back and let out a loud groan. "I hate you" I say before getting up and walking over to the car that flower girl was previously washing. I hate this.

//

Narrator's POV

"Hey adora can you help me bring out the boxes—"

Bow turned around only to see his best friend walking away from him and to and to a specific cat girl.

"Adora!!" Bow cried out.

"One second!" She replied and sped up her pace.

Catra's ears perked up at the sound of feet approaching her. She saw the blonde walking towards her and dropped the sponge she was using to wash the car. "Good you're here! Just finish washing the windows for me. I've been working all day! Thanks" the feline stretched her limbs and adora playfully rolled her eyes.

"I'm not here to do your job but I can help you" she offered.

"...deal" catra muttered and tossed adora a sponge. The blonde couldn't help but smile as catras eyes sparkled in the sun.

"Hey, blondie, are you gonna stare or help me wash this damn car?"

//

"Thanks for helping me today. Maybe you're not so bad"

The two walked in the quiet parking lot to their cars. The sun was setting leaving a beautiful orange shade in the air.

"anytime—" adora was cut off by someone yelling her name. Both girls turned around and saw lonnie.

"hey lonnie, what's up?" adora asked. She was a bit nervous since lonnie told bow and glimmer about the dare. She was wondering if she'd tell catra next.

"I just came to remind you about the party octavia's throwing tonight. We're expecting you" lonnie smirked.

"yeah I'm definitely coming. I'll see you there" the jock replied. Lonnie smiled then left the two standing there.

"and just when i thought you were cool..." catra mumbled and walked off to her car. Adora's eyebrows furrowed and she ran to catch up to the brunette.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the taller girl asked.

"well you're friends with lonnie and if you're anything like her, then I want absolutely nothing to do with you.." the feline replied while getting in her car, leaving a confused adora. Maybe they had a bad past or something, she thought.

//

Adora's POV

I was at octavia's party but I wasn't here to get drunk or whatever, I was here to find lonnie. I needed to ask her about her past with catra.  I never thought about it before but I never asked lonnie why she chose catra and not some other random girl. There has to be some sort of meaning behind it or else catra wouldn't have been so upset about lonnie and I being friends.

After about an hour of searching, I finally found her. Except she was drunk, in a corner, making out with another one of her possible hookups. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her arm, pulling her into another room. Surprisingly, it was empty.

"What the hell, adora? What, were you jealoussss" the tan skinned girl smirked.

"you're drunk. And I'm not jealous! I just wanted to know about your history with catra. She was upset after you left.." I explained. Hopefully she's not too drunk and can tell me something.

"Ugh of course she's still on that. Her ex girlfriend, alexandra and I hooked up while they were still together. It hurt her like a bitch. Its also why I chose catra. Her hearts cold and I doubt she'll trust anyone again. Good luck blondiee" She stumbled out of the room and I huffed.

No wonder she's so cautious about me. She's been hurt before and she's scared...

-

-

-