8.

Catra's POV

I rub my eyes as I walk into the kitchen. It was 9 in the morning on a Saturday. Finally the weekend.

"Morning catrina" I heard my sisters voice chime.

"Don't call me that" I glare at her.

She smiled and I rolled my eyes. She knows how much I hate being called by my real name. I made my way over to the coffee maker and grab a mug from the cupboard. I put it in the coffee machine and press the button for coffee to come out. I let out a sigh and stretched as I leaned against the kitchen island.

"I won't be home to today" she tells me. I turn to face her and see her staring into her phone.

"Me either" I yawn.

"You're going out on a Saturday? Where to, a doctor's appointment?" She snorts.

I shot her another glare. "No. I'm going out with a friend.." I grab my coffee from the coffee machine and turn it off.

"Ohh, is it adora" she sneered, wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "So what if it is? We're just friends" I mutter, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, sureee. I'll see you later" she ruffled my hair and I swat her hand away. My hair was already tangled and she just made it worse. She left the kitchen and I just stood there in the silence, drinking my coffee.

//

I heard a car honk from outside and knew it was adora. She texted me about 10 minutes ago saying she was on her way here.

I grab my phone and walk downstairs. I get my house key before walking out the door and close it behind me. I saw her leaning against her car with that dumb smirk on her face. I roll my eyes but smiled at her.

"Ready for our date?" She smiles at me.

"Not a date" I corrected her.

"Whatever you say" she opens the door for me and I sit in the passenger seat.

//

"I thought we were going out to get lunch?"

My eyebrows furrowed as adora parked the car in the parking lot of a theme park.

"We are. We're just having fun first"

I feel like I've been tricked. I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out the car. We start walking to the entrance and surprisingly, there isn't a long line.

"You know, I feel like you tricked me into to doing this" I folded my arms as I turn to look at adora.

"I didn't trick you into anything. I just thought...this is probably the one time you'll let me take you out so why not make it a day to remember" she smiles at me.

I squint my eyes at her then eventually give in with a sigh. "Just so you know, this isn't a date" I clarify for probably the billionth time. I just wanted to make it clear that we're just going out as friends and it's not date. Hell, I don't even know if we're friends. For all I know, she could just be toying around with my feelings. Ugh. She probably is. Why did I say yes to this!?

Blondie and I were next in line. We came face to face with a boy with glasses on and messy hair.

"Uh, two tickets please" adora requested, politely.

"That'll be $96–" I quickly butt in before he could finish "I'll pay for mine" the worker glanced at me before going to type something on the computer.

"No it's fine. I'll pay for it"

"No, I'll pay for mine. Its okay"

"No, I insist"