Chapter thirteen: Getting into minds

BECCAS VIEW;
I rush down the hall with the agent. He had red hair with brown eyes. My mind was racing. Was Steve okay? What happened? Is he hurt? Is he.....no, no he can't be.
We finally got to Steve. He was in the training room. He was shaking on the floor. Thor, Tony, Bruce, Natasha, Nick, and Clint where gathered around him. I rushed to Steve holding him in my arms. "Shhh! Steve it's okay! Just look at me!" I yelled. "There's something wrong!" Bruce said, "There's something in his mind!" Bruce leaned down and touched Steve's head. "Well who's inside his head?!" Natasha asked. "Loki." Thor said. "Loki?" I asked. Thor nodded. "Steve...." I whispered as I stroked his hair. "Steve talk to me!" I yelled frantically. "I-I-I Becca?" He stuttered. "Yes. Yes, Steve I'm here!" I was crying now. I didn't want to lose him. He's such a good friend.
"I...Becca....Where am I?" He asked, still shaking. "You're on the S.H.E.I.L.D. base." I explained. He grabbed my hand. Suddenly I had an idea, "Tony! Go get agent Macy!"
"Why sh-"

"SHUT UP, STARK AND GO!" Tony rushed out of the room. Everyone was confused. I was crying. Steve was shaking, sweating, and mumbling on the floor. Loki....he's doing this.
"What's going on?!" I heard Macy yell. "Thank god!" I said as I gently put Steve down and rushed to Macy. "Macy," I pleaded. "Please! Help Steve! Loki is in his mind, slowly tearing it apart! Please, you have to enter his mind and get Loki out." Macy pushed up her glasses. She nodded to me. "Out of the way!" She yelled, and every one obeyed. I was on my knees next to Steve, holding his hand. "Okay, Steve. This might hurt." Macy said as she placed her hands on each side of his head. She sighed and closed her eyes.
Steve's body tensed up and his eyes started to dart around until they met mine. He began to scream. I gripped his hand tight as he screamed and thrashed in pain. Macy began to scream too.
"You have to stop them!" I heard Clint say. I looked at him, tears running down my face. "No. They are strong. They can take it."
"AHHHHHHHHH!" Steve screamed. I tried to calm him. Suddenly he shot up and grabbed my shoulders....everyone went silent. Steve began to speak, not in his warm soothing voice.....but in Loki's. "Becca....I'm sorry. This was really the only way I could reach you. I was planing on killing this solider, but I knew that I couldn't live with myself seeing you in this much pain. I love you. Yes, we will fight soon. Yes, you might win. But I promise....I will cause no harm to come to you. Another reason that I couldn't kill this solider is because he will protect you also. I love you...And I hope to see your beautiful face soon."
Steve collapsed on the floor. He was knocked out. Bruce walked over and felt his pulse. "He's okay." Bruce said and I sighed with relief. "So you're Loki's lover?" Tony said with a smirk. "No! Well...I don't know! He claims that he knows me......and....I....Never mind! I don't know!" I yelled. Everyone was quiet. "Get Steve to his room. Becca will make sure he's okay." Bruce said.
*****************
It was now late in the night and I was sitting next to Steve's bed. He was asleep and I was worrying. "Becca." I heard him say. "Hm?"
"Where am I?"

"In your room on the base."

"Oh......Becca?"

"Yes?"

"Who was inside my head?" He sounded so concerned. "Loki. But don't worry we got him out." I explained. He turned to me, "Becca? You know I'll protect you. You're my best friend." I smiled at him, "I know. A war is coming soon......so please get some rest."

"What if Loki gets back in my head?"

"I'll kill him." I told Steve. He laughed and went back to sleep.