Chapter fifteen: Shady figures and cups of tea

LUKE/LOKIS VIEW;
I decided to follow Becca. She was in the training room. When I walked in the first thing that I said was, "WHY are you shooting the wall?" She continued to shoot the wall, but she responded without looking at me, "BORED!" She was beautiful. I wish she remembered. "So what do you want Luke?" She asked once she put the gun in her belt. "Well.....I think we got off on the wrong foot," I said. "And I was wondering if you would like to have tea with me." She laughed. "Tea? Well, there's a battle to prepare for. We finally got all the Avengers back together. Also....I'm not sure there's time for tea."
BECCAS VIEW;
I gave into the little idiots suggest. He makes us tea and we sit in the lab. It's only the two of us because the others are either training or working with Fury. "So....." I say as I set my tea on the table. "You look familiar." I say. He hesitates. "Well....maybe you saw me around somewhere but you....you don't remember." He says, we make eye contact. Suddenly I feel dizzy so I look away. "Becca...." I hear him whisper. I turn to him. "Yes?"
"Tell me about yourself....." He said. I quickly swallowed my tea. "Oh you don't want to hear about me!" I laughed, not looking at him. "I do." He whispered. I sighed, set my cup down, and looked at him.
LUKE/LOKIS VIEW;
She sighed and looked at me....she was beautiful. "I-Uh....." She said nervously. "Well.....I....My parents....they left me on the doorstep of an orphanage. They treated me badly there. I remember when I was about....You know what? I forgot." She laughed. "I was.....I don't know. I think I was seven? Well anyway! I....Well one of the women yelled at me one night. I became....." I looked at her....her eyes turned red but she quickly calmed herself. "I became so mad, angry, confused. I remember being sent to my small room. I hit my fist on a table and it burst into flames." I heard her sniff. "One of the women came and I was sent to another orphanage. Then another. And another....." I could tell she was choking on tears now. "One day..... a man came.....and took me away when I was eighteen." I saw a tear run down her face. "I was taken to a lab.....I tried to fight....it did no good. I was....poked, abused, cut open, experimented on...." She raised her voice a little. I still listened.....she whispered the next part....it sent chills down my spine..."Some times....they would do surgery on me.....I would be awake. I remember being held down as they cut me open......I finally escaped when I heard them talking about this project....I can't remember it." She was sobbing now.
BECCAS VEIW;
'I'm fine!' I thought, 'I'm fine!' 'Stop crying you're fine!' I was crying my eyes out. Luke had his arm around me, trying to comfort me. He tried to cheer me up....."You know....what doesn't kill you-" I cut him off.
"What doesn't kill you leaves scars, ruins your lungs, dries out your tears, leaves you lying awake at four in the morning wishing you weren't alive!" I yelled the last part. He held me closer, "It hurts me to see such a beautiful person like you be this sad, because you deserve better than this....I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked." He said. I smiled a little, he thought I was beautiful. I let out my tears.
We sat in silence for such a long time...... "Luke?"
"Yes?"
"You know..... Once you break.....you rebuild yourself......but the cracks are still visible for everyone to see."
Hey guys!! How's it going? Is the book good? Yeah, I thought so..... anyway! I'm sorry that this chapter was so short. I swear the next one might be a little longer, it's just I have writers block now....but do not fear! I will get plenty of ideas soon!
Love you guys!
Peace!✌️