7.2

{gif by rocketromanoff}

"If things were different,

"If things were different,... would I—"

These words were kept replaying inside Lilly's mind. 'What did he mean by that?' She thought. She wanted to ask him about it, but she knows she shouldn't pressure him into anything during a state that he is in.

"You guys take care of him. And I'll bring him a Xorrian Elixir when I come back," Carol said and walked away. "Where are you going?" Nat asked her.

"To kill Thanos." Steve and Nat exchanged looks, before Nat continued talking. "Hey, you know, we usually work as a team here,..." her voice faded as she walked after Carol. Steve hesitated, looking at Lilly.

"You alright?" He asked her and touched her arm. "No, Steve. I'm not." Lilly didn't look at him, as she kept her gaze on Tony and Pepper.

"I know he's your friend, but our fight isn't over."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I'm not resting until we bring Thanos to his knees."

"All due respect, Steve, I think we are past that."

"I want to do it right this time." Lilly didn't respond. He was right, they need to find him and repair the damage that has been inflicted.

"You know what?" She said and turned to him. "After all this, I want to travel somewhere." He smiled at her. "I want to enjoy spending my time at the beach or in the mountains, far away from this," she said and gestured at everything around her.

"We will. I'll make sure of it." She sighed and hugged him. "We have a lot of catching up to do," she told him. "I know."

Both of them walked after Nat, where they saw the rest of the team talking about a Thanos situation. She noticed that a woman from before has joined them. Lilly walked up to her and extended her hand. "I'm Lilly." The woman stared at her extended arm and glanced at Rocket, who gave her a small push. She shook Lilly's hand. "Nebula."

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it... Until two days ago," Rocket said and pointed at a shockwave on a hologram of a planet.

"Thanos is there," Nebula said.

"He used the stones again," Nat said and leaned closer to the hologram.

"Hey, hey, hey. We'd be going in short-handed, you know," Bruce said.

"Look, he's still got the stones, so..." Rhodey said, but Carol interrupted him, "So let's get him... Use them to bring everyone back."