PART TWO

13 years after the adoption

Lilly was running away from the store, holding her jacket tight to herself. She was afraid she is going to get caught, but she knew that was the only way for her to survive. She was panting and ran into the woods, where nobody found her.

"Jesus," she said as she stopped to breath. She went on her knees, dropping the food on the floor. She put her head in her hands and cried. She cried for some time. "Mom,..." she said in between her tears. "I hope you know I still love you."

She looked at her hands, who were again glowing bright. "Stop!" She screamed at them. "I can't take this anymore!" She searched for a knife pocket, but realised she lost it at the shop. "Shoot!"

She let down her shoulders in defeat. "Mom, I'm sorry," she said as she looked at her hands again. She had to get used to what she became. A monster.

After a few minutes, she got up on her feet. "If I'm stuck with you, I have to learn how to tame you." She looked at her hands again. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Let's do this."

With that, she fired at the can that was in front of her. Her whole body hurt, her organs wanting to crawl out from her. It was hard for her. It was very hard to tame that much unknown energy, that was inside of her.