4.3

{gif by marveladdicts}

Lilly walked inside the Avengers HQ

Lilly walked inside the Avengers HQ. As she walked towards her room, Tony greeted her, but she ignored him.

She walked inside her room and threw her suitcase on the floor. The whole way to home she was thinking about Steve. She loves him, but she doesn't want to join him in his reckless actions. She sat on the bed and fell backwards.

She was staring at the ceiling. "Accords. Steve. Sharon. Bucky." Those words were on repeat in her head. After a short time, she got into her bathroom. She let the cold water run down her body.

When she walked out of the bath she flopped in the bed.

"Lilly," Tony said and gently touched her arm. "Wake up," he said in a whisper. Lilly opened her eyes. "Hey," he said and sat on the bed next to her legs. She propped herself on her elbows. "Who? What?" She said and looked around the room. "Hey, it's alright. It's Tony." She looked at him and moved away her hair from the face.

"You don't look well," he said and tilted his head. "I don't feel good either," she said and sighed. "What's wrong?" "Everything." He placed his hand on hers. "I don't want to pry, but if you'll feel better telling me, you can go ahead." Lilly looked at him. She never saw the supporting side of him. She sat up in the bed and looked down.

"I have so many things on my mind right now," she said. "I have time," he smiled at her as he said that. "Well, I've been mostly stressing out because of the accords," she said, "I still don't know whether I should sign or not." "It is up to you to decide, though I'd recommend to you that you sign them." She looked at Tony.

"I don't know." Tony scooped closer to her. "I want you to know that I'm not good at things like this," he said, "but I'll try." He wrapped his hands around her. "I didn't take you for a hugger, Stark." "Don't get use to it." He held her in his arms for a while.

"You know what? You just became my great friend," Lilly said and pulled away. "Wasn't I that before?" "No, you were good. Now you're promoted to great." "What about best?" "Tony," she said and rolled her eyes. "I'm glad to see your jerk side again, Richards." She pushed him lightly and chuckled. "Idiot."

Tony's phone rang. She saw Natasha's ID. "Yeah?" "Come here. Captain Santa and his loyal elves got in trouble." "I'm coming," Tony said and ended the call. "I think we just landed a trip." She looked at him with confusion. "Dress up and meet me downstairs. We have a mission."

——— later ———

Lilly and Tony walked out of the car. "Go ahead. Secretary is calling." She nodded and walked inside.