3.5

{gif by theavengers}

"Need any help?" Lilly asked Laura as she spotted her in the kitchen

"Need any help?" Lilly asked Laura as she spotted her in the kitchen. "No thanks," she said and continued washing the dishes. "When's the due?" "Soon," she said to her. Lilly looked away. "I'll be outside if you need me," she said and walked out of the kitchen.

——— later ———

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury said. "What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked him. "Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though," Fury said and Lilly chuckled. "What's with you?" Fury asked her. "Nothing. I just love it when you're trying to be funny." Fury sighed.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that," he said while cutting food. "NEXUS?" Steve asked him. "It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth," Bruce said. "So what'd they say?" Clint asked Fury. "He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed," he answered Barton. "By whom?" Tony asked and an arrow flew past him. "Parties unknown," Fury said.

"Do we have an ally?" Nat asked him. "Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is." "I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown."," Tony said. "Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that," Nat said. "Yeah, like a good news, like you're getting married or you've found your long lost child or you haven't been an asshole for five minutes," Lilly said listing the things. "Or maybe YOU can test the last one and tell me how's it feel," Fury said to Lilly. "Woah, ugly," Tony said leaning on the wall. "Maybe Tony should try it out, too," Lilly said looking at Tony. "Me why should—" "Enough," Steve said calmly.

"You know, back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world," Fury paused for a second, "Ultron thinks the Avengers are the only thing standing between him and his mission. And whether he wants to admit it, his mission is global destruction." Fury said. Everyone took a deep breath.

"So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard," Fury added. "Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Nat said and glanced at Steve. "You know what, Romanoff?" Natasha smiled at him mischievously.

"So what does he want?" Fury asked them. "To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies," Steve said, but Tony interrupted him saying, "Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." "When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Nat said. Bruce walked closer to the table and looked at the drawing that Clint's daughter left. "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve," he said. "How?" Fury asked him. "Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Banner asked everyone.