Problem

Cinder POV.

I am sitting in a chair in my room. With my legs crossed, and my arms resting on each side of the arm chair. My right index finger is tapping against the wooden arm chair.

I look over my shoulder and see Emerald and Mercury sleeping on their respective bed.

I then look at the clock on the wall. And see that it is 4:35 in the morning.

The room is quiet. Very quiet. I can hear the clock on the wall ticking down. I can hear the AC blowing out cold air. I can hear the soft snore of the two people behind me. And if i were to really focus, perhaps i could even hear my and their heartbeat.

I turn my attention to what is ahead of me and i see a scroll laying on the table.

I take a deep breath and release a sigh through my nose.

This kind of moment would be nice. A moment of respite. A very nice time to sleep.

... If only my mood isn't so foul, i might just actually do that.

"Hmph...."

I closed my eyes and sigh again through my nose.

I have just received some news from Watts. And it is truly not pleasant.

A flash of that 'Doctor' face appear in my mind.

Y/n L/n.... that nuisance.

Just remembering him now just makes me grit my teeth and makes my heart rate rises in anger. And because of that i tap the wooden arm rest even faster.

Everytime i think about him now. I cannot help myself to just keep asking 'how?'

'How did i incur his suspicioun?' Is my question.

For the life of me, i could not wrap my head around it. I mean, i have played my part, as a transfer student, perfectly. I've laid out a very solid groundwork.

I have taken necesarry steps so that no one will EVER even think on pinning anything that can be considered as 'suspicious' on me.

And yet....

I open my eyes and look ahead of me and see my scroll. A device that was just used to bring me some... bad news.

I have received a message from Watts. A message that have confirmed the fact that someone were poking around about us.

And i could not think of any other person other than that 'Doctor' to be behind all of this.

The timing is correct, after all. It MUST be him. Well... maybe not him personally. But he must be the one to set things in motion in the first place.

So how he did he know...?!

"Hrmm..."

I can feel my heart palpitate. As soon as i notice this i try to calm myself down.

Deep breath... Deep breath.

I take a deep breath and sigh. I repeated this a few times. Until my heartbeat stabilize.

But....in any case...

I let out a relief sigh.

It's a good thing that i act as fast as i did. My paranoia have saved me once again. For if i have not asked Watts to help us in this. We would have surely been caught. And our plan would be hindered. So... this is good.

With luck, this would be enough for that 'Doctor' to back off.

But... considering how he move almost as fast as me in trying to get information about us. And how he instantly move against me that night personally to try to confirm his suspicion.