Immortal? [1]

Beacon

The dawn have rise. And people are starting to wake up to starts preparing for their daily activities. But some people's work are started far more early.

Up on a high tower, a beacon to be seen by all. On that tower there is a man, sitting on his chair. His hair is white, a round glasses covering his eyes. He wore a black suit, with green scarf?

On his table is many stacks of paper and one cup of hot coffee. He taked a deep breath through his nose. And he release them.

He massaged the bridge of his nose, lifting up his round glasses and revealing a few bags underneath his eyes.

"Mmm..."

Just then the door at the end of the room slides open, revealing a blonde haired woman wearing a white blouse and black skirts that goes along to her knees came in.

"Good morning, Glynda. How are you today" The man said.

"I'm good, thank you for asking. I don't know whether i can say the same to you.." She replied as she gestures to the stack of papers on the table.

"Hehehe" Ozpin shakes his head and chuckles. He leans on his chair, trying to relax for a moment. His eyes wanders to Glynda.

"You're pretty early today. Is something wrong?"

"No, not really. I just...Woke up early today. And i can't go back to sleep. So might as well use the time to work" her eyes looks at the stack of paper.

"Anything i can do?"

"Oh there is plenty. But first...do you want some coffee? Or perhaps some tea?" Ozpin offers.

The pair starts their day, as usual as they always does. Working side by side, trying to make things easier for each other.

As they work, suddenly something rings in his pocket and catchy tune comes from it.
But despite the catchiness of the tune. The man can only feel the pain on his temple worsening.

His hand reach for his pocket and takes out a 'scroll', it's a rectangular object. And he pulls on one end of the device and the rectangular separated out and hologram are formed between the rectangular piece.

Glynda peer at the scroll on Ozpin's hand. She furrowed her eyebrow.

"Hm..It's from Qrow" She said.

"Hm...So it is.."

Ozpin answers the call. And Qrow's voice comes out of the device.

"Yo, Ozpin"

"Good morning, Qrow. Do you have an update for us?" Ozpin said.

"Uh no. What I got is a whole new information entirely"

"Oh is that so? What is it?"

"I'll tell you in a sec, but first is Glynda there?"

"Yes. Why?" Glynda said.

"Ah good. I want to know how far this rabbit hole goes"

"What 'rabbit hole'?" Ozpin said.

The sound of Qrow taking a deep breath can be heard through the scroll.

"Okay...before i get into it. I have to ask something, and i know this might seem like it came out of nowhere but...Have all of you been sleeping well?"

"....Oh wow, you're right, that does came out of nowhere" Glynda flicked her eyebrow.

"Why you asked?" Ozpin said his curiousity heightens.