When All Else Fails

Raven stood there, in front of her men. Her hand is already restting on her sword' handle.

In front of her is a bloodied man in a black jacket with silver roses engraving on it. There is a sword on his back. The thorned grip and crossguard really takes one's attention.

'Impossible....Even in my bird form. It would take me hours to get back here from that little village. Tch, how long ago did we arrive here? did we even went past the 5 minute mark? It's not too long, i'm sure. But in that time, he went from there to here. Just like that.

...Dammit! I chose to avoid this man, and focus myself on the task of saving my men. But now...Because of my.... cowardice, i have bring the one i want to avoid right to my doorstep...'

"So!" You said in a louder voice and you clapped your hand. To get everyone's attention.

"Are you not gonna...you know.."

'Hm...His hands..they are not clenched. His posture relax. His defenses is open. He's letting his guard down. But...from here i can see that he's a little tense. He said he was 'pissed' a moment ago. Hm...Maybe i shouldn't stoked the fire'

Raven's eyes wanders to the men and women besides her.

'I do not think that anybody here can take this one down...I'm not even sure, even i can take him down. I might have to use that power. But there can be eyes everywhere. So i rather not. And also when push comes to shove...i rather not fight here. There are resources here that would be destroyed. People that will held me back.

Hm...He said he wants to talk...Fine...Let's see where this goes..'

Raven takes a step forward.

"...My name is Raven Branwen. I am the leader of this place"

"Oh i can tell that by your clothes! You are designed differently. You stand out" You said gesturing at Raven's clothes.

Raven takes her hand of her sword's handle.

"You want to talk? Then come with me" she said, gesturing at the biggest tent of the camp.

Your eyes follows her gesture. And your gaze lands at the big tent.

"Hm..."

Your eyes returned back to Raven.

"After you"

"..."

Raven turned and face the tent. Vernal looks at Raven.

"Raven..?" She said in a low bit worried tone.

"Stay.Put. Let me handle this" Raven replied back. Before she walks to her tent.

You followed Raven. Your head turns to Vernal.

"Don't worry. I'm not a suspicious guy. Just here to talk" you reassures her with a smile.

But she answered you with a piercing glare. Your head turn back to Raven's back. You flicked your eyebrow. You take a deep breath and sigh.

"Yup..nice people.." You mutter.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You are inside's Raven tent. It looks...pretty nice actually. And you really do think that. A bit too much red for your liking. But it's pretty nice.

You wonder if the other tents is like this. Meanwhile as you look around and marvelling at the surprisingly nice room.

Raven is preparing you some tea...laced with poison. But hey, it's the thoughts that count, you always say.