[four]

[four]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a/n : this chapter takes place in season 1, ep 5, 'murder on d street'

"wahhh! the port mafia did a raid an hour ago? i wish i could've seen it!" [y/n] pouted as she sucked on her newly bought lollipop, hunching her back. when she arrived at the agency's office, ranpo and kenji had told her about the port mafia's raid in the office just after she had left. [y/n] missed the show, because she was out buying more sweets, as per usual.

"dakara, you should have stayed longer!" kenji exclaimed.

[y/n] was about to retort when ranpo spoke from his spot on the office table. "kunikida-kun, i have to head off to a job soon."

kunikida replied to him, asking, "is it a murder case?"

"yep. seriously, the police forces here in yokohama can't catch a single criminal without my assistance. still, my Ultra-Deduction is the best ability in this agency. nope, the entire nation!" he grinned proudly.

"huuuh? arienai! my ability is the best, because i'm the strongest!" [y/n] fought back, a teasing grin on her face.

ranpo and kunikida ignored her statement, the latter saying, "indeed, we're indebted to you ranpo-san."

aaaaaaaand, cue [y/n] sulking in her mushroom corner.

"good, as long as you're aware." the black-haired detective strolled over to the other members, each of them praising him. "Ultra-Deduction is amazing! an ability that lets you figure out any case!" kenji complimented.

kunikida then turned to atsushi and [y/n]. "brats, go with ranpo. you can arrive by train."

[y/n] immediately came out of her corner and brightly grinned, a sparkly aura around her. "i am the ideal person to take care of ranpo-nii!"

"r-really? that's a big responsibility." atsushi stuttered.

ranpo denied his statement, still facing his back towards the rookie, "nope. i'm not some two-bit detective. i most definitely do not need an assistant!"

"ja, why am i and [y/n]-san going with you?" atsushi questioned.

"hm? that's because i don't know how to take a train.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

moments later, the trio was seated in the train, [y/n] sandwiched between the other albino besides her and the detective. ranpo marveled at his blue marble he brought, and [y/n] chatted with the eighteen-year old. "see, see? were you surprised? ranpo-nii really can't do anything without his ability!"

"mhm, i was very surprised. before, when you said you are the ideal person to take care of ranpo, did you mean you helped of him before?"

[y/n] nodded, prodding up her chin on her arm, said arm resting on her knee. "yep. i knew ranpo-nii ever since i was ten, so i've known him for about six years! i helped him do everything, and in return," the blindfolded girl took a long pause before continuing. "and in return, he helped me."

atsushi was about to ask what ranpo did to help her, when he noticed she had nestled her head on the train's window ledge, quietly laying there. was she awake? or was she asleep? you couldn't tell. that's when atsushi decided to stop, and the rest of the train ride was met with silence.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"you're late, detectives."

"oh? who are you? where's yasui-san?" ranpo questioned the unfamiliar man, hands on his hips.

"i'm minoura, i took over yasui's case." he replied to the dark-haired detective. "this case has been reassigned to our division. so we no longer need you or your agency's help."

[y/n] deadpanned, tilting her head. "then why did you make us come all the way here- couldn't you have uh, phoned the agency?" she loudly complained, grinning.

ranpo also voiced out his thoughts. "how idiotic. all of the difficult cases in the entire world should be overseen by a great detective of course."

minoura retorted, "we won't need a private investigator today. because the victim is my subordinate."

[y/n]'s teasing grin disappeared, replaced by a thin line stretching across her face.

minoura took off the cover that was strewn across the ground, revealing the body of a woman, who had blood staining her chest.

ranpo took off his hat, atsushi and [y/n] following in suit by lowering their heads. "a lady." the former murmured.

another officer who was standing by the trio explained, "she was found floating in the river this morning."

"she was shot three times in the chest. we don't know where or when she was killed. we haven't even found the bullets." minoura continued his subordinate's explanation."

"any suspects?" the detective clad in a brown hat asked.

"no. as far as anyone at the office knew, she was not in a relationship, either."

"that means you don't have any leads! zero, nada, nothing!" [y/n] cheekily stated, earning a glare from minoura. "that's exactly why we can't permit some amateur private eye handle this."

[y/n] was about to retort, but before she could get a word out, a shout rang through the air.

"hey! the nets caught something!" another police officer on the site exclaimed.

"what is that?" atsushi questioned.

the police officer near him answered, "we've strung a net across the river to catch evidence, but.."

"it's a man!" another shout was heard. "we have a man in the nets!"

"what?!" minoura asked, agape.

"could there be a second victim?" theorized [y/n].

the net was pulled up, and there, hanging gloriously, was a man.

"dazai-san?!"

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a/n : SORRYY this chap is shorter than usual! i'll make it up to you i promise! i had exams the entire week and i was hella tired, i apologize! but take this for today! next post will be on sunday or monday, depends on when i finish

a/n : SORRYY this chap is shorter than usual! i'll make it up to you i promise! i had exams the entire week and i was hella tired, i apologize! but take this for today! next post will be on sunday or monday, depends on when i finish. <3