[six]

[six]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"huh-?"

sugimoto stared at ranpo's index finger that was pointed at him, confused.

"heh-" minoura's sneered. laughing, he continued on, "bahahahah- what is this? your power to make others laugh?"

ranpo's steely green eyes trained on him, saying, "yes....and officer sugimoto..killed her."

"don't be absurd!" the older detective raised his voice, teeming in anger. "why would the killer just happen to be here?!"

[y/n] let out a breath of air, tilting her head, "well, why wouldn't they?"

"killers always return to the crime scene." ranpo pressed on. "and i have said it before. 'i'll know where the evidence is' did i not?"

[y/n] nodded aggressively, and put up two thumbs. "personal experience!"

atsushi slowly turned his head to her. "huh-"

"show me your handgun." ranpo reached out to sugimoto.

sugimoto looked horrified. "a-are you insane?" he stepped back. "if i handed my service revolver to a private citizen, i'd get a pay cut or worse!"

minoura held out a hand, stopping his subordinate. "exactly. this is a complete waste of time. you detectives are nothing more than loudmouths."

[y/n] leaned her head onto ranpo's shoulder, despite being taller than him. (this mf is 190- sjdkjshj im making y/n 179 bc gojo's a tall-ass mf)

"nii-san, can we just go eat daifuku or something? they're clearly blind to our awesomeness."

ranpo chuckled, patting her head. "in a bit, let's show them what master detectives can do."

turning his full attention back to minoura, the green-eyed detective rubbed his nape. "well, if you examine the handgun and find nothing, then yes, i am a loudmouth."

"dakara, how about you check?" [y/n] taunted.

minoura 'hmphed', waving his hand. "i've had enough of your nonsense. show him, sugimoto."

the said officer stuttered, "huh? b-but-"

"after all that blabbering, that ought to send him away. give him the gun." the detective interrupted.

the younger officer visibly tensed up, straightening out his back. hearing him say nothing, minoura urged him. "well? go on."

"even in a town like this, your average citizen would not know how to use a gun." ranpo started, widening the space of his legs. "that goes the same for a police revolver."

sugimoto stood frozen, head hung low.

"why the silence, sugimoto?" minoura had a trace of doubt in his voice now, asking the younger male.