[five]

[five]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a loud gasp was heard from behind atsushi. "you?? were?? drowning??" [y/n] grinned. "you should have taken me with you! i mean, not that i want to die, but if you stayed alive after all those years, then i can too!" she proudly stretched a smile on her face, pumping one fist up in the air.

atushi visibly groaned, "[y/n], no-"

"[y/n] YES-" dazai and [y/n] rebutted simultaneously, the both of them mocking poor atsushi.

dazai slapped a palm over his forehead and dramatically said, "but dying alone is such an old-fashioned way to go, atsushi-kun. therefore, i'm looking for a young woman who would perish with me." [y/n] hyped him up, nodding hastily.

"oh? and your current condition?" atsushi deadpanned.

at this, [y/n] cackled, "you're all alONe! bweugha-"

"uRuSai- yOu'rE aLL aLONe too-" he snapped, then turned back to atsushi happily, "this? i was simply caught by the river's current." dazai joyfully let out a couple of 'careful!'s to the officer who was working to get the twenty-two year old down.

"uhuh." atsushi hummed, nervously taking a glance at [y/n] who was hugging her knees to her chest, growing mushrooms.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"nooooooo!" dazai yelled, a tone of disappointment evident in it. "a woman! oh, how this pains me-" he dramatically waved around his arms, woefully complaining. "if only we could have gone to the afterlife together!"

[y/n] joined in, with sparkles in her aura, pointing at ranpo. "but there's no need to worry! ranpo-nii will solve this case. right, ranpo-nii?"

said black-haired male scoffed, holding an annoyed look. "they have not requested my assistance." opening his eyes, his vibrant green orbs trailed off. "what a burden to the greatest detective in the world."

then he suddenly snapped his fingers, pointing to the officer beside atsushi. "you! what's your name?"

the man he pointed at jolted, sweating. "me?!" he raised his hand to a salute, announcing. "my name is officer sugimoto! i worked under yamagiwa-san, the deceased..sir!"

[y/n] smirked, already knowing what the detective was about to do. ranpo pat sugimoto's shoulders and announced. "right! sugimoto-kun, you're the detective now! solve this case in a time limit of sixty seconds!"

the officer's eyes bulged, screeching, "sIxTY sECONDS?! uH- I- um-"

"already fifty now!" [y/n] snickered. then sugimoto looked like as if a lightbulb had lit inside his head and stuttered out, "u-uh, oh! yamagiwa-senpai was going after political corruption and mafia activity!"