[sixteen]

[sixteen]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

'i spoke too soon.' those were [y/n]'s thoughts the next day as she sat in a comfortable chair, in a cozy and quaint cafe, with not only akutagawa ryunosuke in front of her but also mori ougai, port mafia boss.

the girl leaned over to her childhood friend and whispered. "why is he here?"

said childhood friend scowled and grimaced back at her. "i don't know."

mori, on the other hand, was smiling patiently as he witnessed the two whispering to each other back and forth. [y/n] moved away from her friend as she examined her two companions.

her childhood friend was still slim, although he most definitely had grown. he also still had a pale complexion, and his grey eyes were full of doubt and longingness. short, dark black hair covered his head, and he had two side bangs with white tips that went to his chin. akutagawa wears a matching black coat and black pants, along with black dress shoes. underneath the coat was a white dress shirt, and his outfit was decorated with a white cravat.

remembering a childhood memory, [y/n] giggled and she pointed at his cravat. "do you know what that is, ryu?"

the grey-eyed man blinked and hesitantly replied, "it's a frilly thing."

trying and miserably failing to contain her laughter, the albino held her stomach as she tried to muffle the sounds of amusement coming out of her lips.

regaining her composure, she glanced at mori, who was still smiling at the two younger people.

she now took in the older man's appearance, and he didn't seem to change much besides his visibly aging features.

mori had straight, slicked back black hair, going down to his chin. he wore a rather simple outfit, contrasting that of his usual mafia attire. instead of his suit and jacket, he wore a more doctor-themed outfit, consisting of a white coat that went down to his legs, and underneath the coat was a purple button-up shirt. with that, he had a black tie, light brown pants, and black shoes.

the dark-haired man greeted her cheerfully. "it's been long, gojo!"

"yes it has, mori." she nodded a little less enthusiastically, with slight confusion.

"forgive me for intruding on your little reunion, but i heard that akutagawa-kun received an invitation from you and i just wanted to see if you were actually alive after all this time."

'that's bullcrap and he knows it too. so what does he want?' [y/n] thought, not voicing out her thoughts.

"it would have been better if you weren't here, mori." she sarcastically smiled, eyelids closed behind her tinted sunglasses.

mori laughed dryly, replying. "how cold."

an awkward silence washed over after that, but thankfully, their food arrived soon enough to push the silence away.

after [y/n] swallowed her sushi, she directed her gaze on akutagawa, starting a conversation with him.

"how did you join the port mafia, ryu?" she asked.

"an executive recruited me." he coughed.

"i know that far of course." the albino chuckled, wiping her lips. "how's gin-chan?"

akutagawa squinted at her, scoffing slightly. "she's fine."

"i see." [y/n] sighed. "thank you."

her childhood friend froze, before asking her, "for what?"

an air of reminiscence could be sensed, as the younger girl smiled at him. "for keeping your promise."

if the older mafioso was confused, he covered it up well, silently eating his food.

throughout the meal, mori kept giving side glances to akutagawa, as if the younger male had forgotten something.

the mafia boss had surprisingly kept quiet, that was, until akutagawa excused himself to go to the restroom.

"you joined the agency, did you not?" he crossed his arms, leaning back on the seat.

the girl nodded, responding simply, "yeah i did." she rested her chin above her hand, slyly grinning at the boss. "if you're trying to recruit me into the port mafia, you're a bit too late for that."

the black-haired man retorted with something that [y/n] would never have thought he'd say. "even if i have all records of the EGC activities, including their tampers with the gojo clan?"

the sky-eyed girl's eyes blinked open, and she almost masked her shock perfectly. "what are you talking about?"

"you find it strange too, don't you?" mori laughed, provoking her even further. "why every six-eyes wielder in the gojo clan died before reaching their adult age?"

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a/n : short chapter, plot development