[twenty]

[twenty]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

the red brick building looked like it was on the verge of crumbling down altogether. parts of the building were falling down, crashing on the ground. [y/n] looked at it in horror, her clumsily donned blindfold creasing and slipping from her eyes.

nanami was beside her, mouth gaping and defensively stepping back. spotting a few silhouettes, the girl quickly sprinted over, helping them up quickly. both ranpo and kenji's faces were streaked with blood, eyes rapidly fluttering closed.

"no, no, no, no- who else is still in there?" her voice reeked of panic, quickly bringing them over to nanami.

ranpo breathed out, "atsushi's doing numbers on the guy, yosano's knocked out somewhere inside, the tanizakis have been rushed to the hospital, and dazai's also inside." [y/n] barely caught all that and was about to run off when ranpo weakly gripped her hand. "all the other employees were evacuated. please make it out in one piece."

she nodded apprehensively, yelling back at nanami, "take them to a hospital!" she continued running, swinging the door open.

she caught sight of yosano, beat up and bloodied inside the cafe. the girl swung her over the shoulder and ran back out, quickly settling the woman beside nanami.

she ran back in, heading upstairs to the agency office. when she pushed open the door to the emergency stairs, all she saw was a black and white blur, and frankly, the state of the office wasn't doing too well.

the white blur halted to a stop, and [y/n] now could see atsushi's figure, his face streaked with soot and blood. "[y/n]-san! why are you here?! hurry and go before he gets to you!"

meanwhile, the black blur also stopped, and a rather familiar man emerged into sight.

ah.

it was the same man she saw during her scouting mission. the same slicked back black hair and gunmetal blue eyes.

he spoke up. "you're gojo [y/n], aren't you?"

"yes? who are you?" she asked, pulling atsushi back and ushering him down the emergency stairs.

"oh? you don't know who i am? i thought my dear brother would've told you all about me." he wiped his face, patting down his suit.

'brother? he looks nothing like anyone here.' she thought, scrutinizing the man's appearance.

the black-haired male noticed her silence, and he chuckled. "getou suguru. ring a bell?"

that triggered something. her face mimicked that one of fear and confusion, grief evident in her expression too. her breathing became ragged, and she sank to her knees, weakly looking up.

"how...how do you know him?"

the man was now sitting on one of the broken desks, looking at her with disgust in his eyes. "why wouldn't i know him? i'm getou seiichi. his step-brother."

oh.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

[y/n] fluttered her eyes open, looking around. she was floating around in an empty black space.

that's..that's a light at the end. she worked her way to it, the light blinding her when she reached it.

ah.

gojo [y/n] remembered this.

grassy fields. breezy winds. and two children, laying down under an oak tree.

the white-haired child of the two pointed up at the sky. "that looks like a swan." the black-haired boy beside her nodded, agreeing with her.

they stayed in silence for a while, admiring the clouds that went by.

"suguru-kun, why do you keep coming here?" the girl asked, turning her head on her arms to look at the boy.

he sat up, shrugging. "here is nice. here is calm."

"can i come to your house sometime?" she asked again, acknowledging his answer.

he shook his head. "no. i don't think you can."

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

it has become a part of getou suguru's routine now, to come to the gojo estate every now and then. at least once every week.

though, nowadays, he's been less energetic, preferring to sit in the grass and eat, or watch the scenery, instead of running around and climbing trees.

[y/n] didn't mind. she was content with just talking, if it meant she had a friend.

skip forward to a few weeks later.

he's been coming with faint scratches and bruises, but the smile on his face still persists.

suguru had said that he does sparring sometimes, and [y/n] had thought that was logical reasoning.

they still spent time together, occasionally walking around the humongous garden.

but soon enough, he didn't come over anymore.

at first, the albino thought that he'd come again the next week.

but he didn't.

so she waited again.

another week.

a no-show.

months passed by.

and she'd given up hope.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a/n : i'm alive? ahahahah im so sorry for dropping this for almost two months

a/n : i'm alive? ahahahah im so sorry for dropping this for almost two months. i'm good now though! worked out all the details with a friend of mine, and the whole plot is completed. now comes the writing part.

i hope you enjoyed this :)

-res