[ten]

[ten]

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"u-uh- where? we're taking you to-"

"anywhere you'd like!" atsushi stammered, backing up [y/n]'s failed excuse. "don't you have any place you'd enjoy?"

"yeah, yeah!" [y/n] helped, her composure building up.

atsushi snapped his fingers, suggesting, "someplace a girl like you would love? a dating hotspot maybe?"

at that, the younger albino's jaw dropped, whispering to her companion, "i'm stealing that from you."

kyoka stared at him unsurely, before speaking, "...a dating hotspot? with you?"

"mhm!" atsushi clapped his hands together.

[y/n] slumped her shoulders, whining, "kyoka-channn, i'm here tooo!"

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

so now, the three were in an outdoor area, walking around. there was a visible group of people in the open space clustering around a stand. a crepe stand, to be specific.

so, do you know who has a penchant for sweets? and potential future diagnosis of sugar rush?

gojo [y/n].

no but i'm one-hundred percent sure this abnormal teenager could smell those crepes and purposefully led the trio to this direction.

yeah, she did lead the trio to this direction.

anyways

kyoka had taken note of the people around the stand and she had stopped walking, staring at the stand with longing eyes.

atsushi felt a sweat run down his face, witnessing the staring fourteen-year old and the obviously excited sixteen year old.

"heyheyhey, atsushi-kuun. remember when i met you and you almost dropped that stack of papers but i became your saviour? cOulD yOu dO mE a fAvOr aNd pAy FoR SoMe cRepEs?" [y/n] clasped her hands together, an ear-to-ear smile plastered on her porcelain face.

kyoka joined in, tugging on the older albino's sleeve and pointing at the stand. "i want to eat that."

atsushi sputtered at the two, "[y/n] you're rich. and you just ate a ton of tofu! and made me pay for it."

"i left my wallet at hoooooome." that was a lie.

"i have a second stomach for this." that was true.

then wordlessly the two pulled him across the open space, nearing the stand.

that led up to [y/n] and kyoka dragging atsushi around yokohama, following the latter's wishes. atsushi was definitely running low on energy now, but his slouched figure was still following the two girls nevertheless.

suddenly, the ringtone of a cellphone sounded through the air. atsushi and kyoka looked over to [y/n] who was in the midst of going through her pockets. pressing the answer button, she sang out, "hellooo, dear detective."

"[y/nnn], president fukuzawa wants you back at the office."

"but he hasn't called me?"

"my super deduction knows it-"

ranpo went silent for a few seconds before he spoke up again.

"yes see he just opened the office door and told me to call you back here."

"aw fine. i'll be there in two minutes!"

she hung up, pocketing her phone and looking up at the her two companions.

"fukuzawa-san called me back to the office, so i gotta go now. oh oh, kyoka there's a really really good arcade somewhere if you just walk forward across that bus station over there. show me what you win! and thanks for paying atsushi!" she grinned wildly as she twirled her white wallet in her fingers.

"oh okay, see you- hey wAIT-"

atsushi's cries from his wasted money went unheard as the younger albino teleported back to the brick red agency building.

"here i am to grace all of you with my wonderful presence!" she yelled out as she appeared standing on a desk. kunikida's desk, to be exact.

"GET OFF MY DESK YOU MENACE-" kunikida rushed over to his table from the shelf, abandoning his books.

"NO YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME HAHA-" she jumped down from said table anyway, ignoring kunikida's nasty looks he was shooting at her as he wiped down his desk.

the door to the president's office swung open as his monotonous voice called out. "gojo, i need you in my office."

she complied, sending a last smug smirk to kunikida before she disappeared out of the main office.

"i am assigning you on a solo scouting mission to the north, near tokyo. i've been keeping track of a specific..group..and they have been on the move around that area lately."

he looked up from his files and watched as [y/n] slid off her blindfold, meeting her icy blue eyes. "i'm sure that wouldn't be a problem, with your six eyes and all?"

"why of course not. how long do i scout the area for? and any specific characteristics?" she challenged his stormy gaze, keeping hers as well.

fukuzawa shuffled through his papers for a little while and answered, "two hours will be enough."

the agency president held up a photograph of a pin, extravagantly decorated with a large red ruby filling the space, and metal embedded around the gem.

"each member of this group owns one of these pins and has it on them at all times, whether it be wearing it or keeping it in a pocket." he put the photograph down, and nodded at her. "so, can i expect good results?"

[y/n] scoffed, pulling her blindfold back up. "expect the best of the best."

and that was the beginning of an unexpected, rough arc.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

a/n : hello hello short chapter alert!! sorry for that, i am two hundred words short of my standard chapter, but i didn't know what else to add

a/n : hello hello short chapter alert!! sorry for that, i am two hundred words short of my standard chapter, but i didn't know what else to add. anyway enjoy this chapter! i will try to triple update this week by the way, but not too sure if i can write that fast!! mwah thank you for 20k reads by the way, your votes and comments make me smile :DD