Chapter Twenty One - 50 Shades of Payton

 "Guess what I've just realised," Issy laughed loudly. She was sprawled out on the sofa, covering every inch leaving Emily and I to sit on the bed.

"What?" Emily asked nonchalantly whilst filing her nails. I stared at Issy expectantly.

"Your surname is Grey, Payton." Issy choked out between her giggles.

"Well done, sherlock." Emily said, clapping her hands mockingly, "Do you want a sticker for that?" Emily asked sarcastically. Chuckling, I shook my head.

"No! As in Mr Grey, from 50 shades of Grey? Mr Grey could be your dad. Hmm?" I slowly comprehended what Issy just said.

"Oh my god! Ew!" I screeched loudly covering my ears at the thought of Mr Grey as my dad but Issy was in fact right, my dad was called Mr Grey. That is disturbing.

"Isabel Elizabeth James, that is disgusting." Emily spat out. I nodded my head, agreeing. Issy laughed and shrugged her shoulders calmly.

We had been chatting non-stop for the past hour at Issy's house after school, 50 Shade's of Grey had unexpectedly been brought up in the conversation and we were contemplating whether to go or not.

"Everyone says it's shit." I muttered.

"Yeah, but it'll be funny shit." 

"I'm up for it." Emily wiggled her eyebrows expertly making us burst into laughter.

When we had finally recovered, "So, Miss Grey, are you going to those running practises after school tomorrow?" Issy inquired.

"Uh, I don't know. Probably." I replied unsurely. I had told the girls everything as soon as I saw them. Seeing as I didn't want to go to running practises alone, I asked the girls if they'd like coming with me. Issy seemed up for it as she was just as sporty as I.
Knowing Emily, she hated any exercise and refused to join any clubs unless she was bribed by me with 5 packs of Rolo's Chocolate. 

 ~

Walking into school with Issy and Emily by my side, I spotted Jade in a far corner by herself. However mean it sounds, I had completely forgot about Jade but I couldn't help but feel slightly sorry for her as she sat by herself.

"Guys," I nudged them with my elbow, "do you think I should forgive Jade? I need help." I inquired. Emily and Issy gave each other a discreet look. 

"Well," Issy sighed, "I think you should forgive her, but if I were you, I wouldn't forgive her." Issy said calmly.

"You did not make any fucking sense. That doesn't help me at all." 

"What she means is," Emily pushed Issy out of the way as Issy laughed, "Go talk to Jade, you never know. It might not be what it seems." 

I nodded my head quickly.

~

It was the end of the day but I had one thing to do before I went home.

I turned around swiftly and trudged over to the depressed looking Jade. She looked up when I was a few metres away and her mouth opened in shock, her lips forming an 'o'.

"Jade." I greeted curtly. I tried to cover the hardness in my eyes but she must of noticed because she looked down forlornly. 

She stood up swiftly reaching out to me, "Payton! Listen, I'm-" 

I cut her off by saying "No." I shook my head and sat down on the bench, "You listen.". She nodded slowly and sat gown gingerly.

"I don't care what's going on between you two, I shouldn't care. Do what you want. I guess I was pretty upset and I've been avoiding you for a while but I've spoken to Tyler. I cheated on him and he cheated on me. We're through, over, done. He's fine with it...and so am I. No hard feelings, yeah?" I finished off my small rant with a small smile.

Jade hadn't said a word for ages, she was thinking. I know Issy and Emily were becoming curious of why I was taking so long but I didn't want to leave until I heard Jade's reply. If she was ever going to reply.

When she finally found her voice, she spoke in a nearly in-audible whisper, "There's nothing going on between us. I'm so sorry, Payton. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I've a confession to make," I breathed in deeply, "I've been in love with Tyler since he came to this school. Do you remember that day, when I saved you from getting hit in the face by kicking Finn in the balls? I did that because he was about to hit Tyler and I didn't know you'd come out. When I found out you were dating, I was devastated. Here comes the big blow, I only hung out with you because you were dating Tyler, I'm so sorry for that," My eyes widened and a sad look was plastered across my face but she carried on, "but when I got to know you better, I realised that you were an amazing person and an amazing...friend."

I scanned her face for any clues of lying but there was none. I was about to speak but she opened her mouth again.

"I'm so sorry. You won't see me again." Jade had a distant look in her eyes.

Jade leaned over and hugged me stiffly. I didn't respond her embrace. "Bye Payton."

She walked away with her head down, her usually long glowing hair hung lifeless around her face.

And then she was gone.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Heyy, long time no read☺

I've recently put up another book called, 'How They Met' and I'd really really really happy if you'd go read that. ALSO Please go read my best friend, Grace's new book called 'Coming Home' by @GraceJameson3

Vote and comment your favourite character☻

love you loads, riya x