Chapter Ten - The Good and The Bad

"Finn..." I sighed and started to shake my head. I looked up into his dreamy chocolate eyes and I started to melt.
"Please Payton, hear me out-"
"Whats there to hear?" I could feel tears coming to my eyes and I tried to push them back but one let loose. After one tear fell the rest started to pour out. I wiped my face fiercely.
"Don't cry, listen to me. I was in a bad place at that time." His tall figure was standing over me as he put his hands on my small shoulders.
"I want you to tell me the truth."
"Of course." People were starting to stare and it was getting annoying. Chloe walked past me the turned around to mouth at me 'are you okay?'. I nodded quickly before Finn could see.
"Have you ever cheated on me?" I interrogated. He looked suddenly alarmed but put an innocent quizzical look on his face.
"No." I eyed him, unconvinced. We dated for 3 years and for some reason, I couldn't believe him.
"Don't lie to me Finn Marie Davies." I said sternly. He groaned in defeat.
"There was only one other girl but she was a mistake, I don't like her whereas I like you. I love you Payton Grey." 
"My answer is no." I crossed my arms over my chest. There was a painful silence where no-one was talking apart from the people in the hallway. At that right moment, Emily strided over, squinted at Finn and went 'urgh'. She grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to the other side of the room. Finn was still standing in the same spot I left him in for another few minutes before his friends whisked him away to the football field. 
"What the fuck is going on? As I walked down here everyone was telling there was so much drama going on and find you here talking to Finn?!" Emily shrieked. I explained everything to her as fast as I could and at the end of it. Her eyes were wide open and mouth open. 
"So my question to you is, what are you going to do about it?" Emily asked.
"I said no to Finn. I'm not giving him a second chance."
"Finn won't take no for an answer, but I mean't about Tyler."
"I don't know if he likes me as much as I like him."
"Well why don't you find out?" Emily winked and I laughed.

------------------------------------------

It was time. Tyler was standing in the lunch hall with his back to me. He swirled around and gave me a heart-warming smile. 'Just do it without thinking.' Emily had told me moments before.
I sauntered over to Tyler with my eyes only on him. He was about to greet me with a hello when I stood on my tiptoes and put my mouth on his. As soon as my lips touched his, I felt all my worries wash away. He put his warm hand around my waist as I put my small hand around his neck. I was on my tiptoes. The kiss lasted about 20 seconds and after he pulled away I was out of breath.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Tyler asked me after we caught our breath.
"Yes!" I screamed and pounced on him to give him a hug. 
I was over the moon, I was over the world, I was-
A clap echoed around the room as Finn stalked over to us clapping, "good show, good show but Tyler, Payton and I have had much more longer and more romantic kisses and you and Payton won't even last a day. So I guess you lose again."
"How could I have lost when I have Payton?" Tyler argued.

Done. I was- done.