Chapter Twelve - Love Or Hate?

It's a new dawn,
It's a new day,
It's a new life,
For me, 
And I'm feeling good.

That song just described how I felt in a few lines, tomorrow I'm back to school and I feel as if  I've forgotten everything that happened the past days. I got Jades number a few days ago and we can't stop texting. Also the girls and I took Jade to watch Hunger Games Part 1. Tyler and I have been inseparable and all my worries have disappeared completely. Apart from the fact I have my mocks tomorrow, and I'm nervous as hell even though it isn't the real exam. I've been studying a lot recently and my head is pounding.

I woke up the next day with a big yawn while stretching out my arms and legs in my comfy bed. Every morning, I have to fight the same battles with my bed. I got out of bed slowly but only to fall back in bed for a few minutes. When I finally woke again the clock had ticked way too fast as I was now very late. I didn't have any time for makeup or a shower or anything. I needn't to get to school as quick as I could as it was mocks today and you can not be late. I had several missed calls from Issy and numeros text messages.
'Oi get ur butt out here right now.'
'I'm ringing the doorbell y rnt u answering??'
'hello?'
''im already late -.-'
'now very late'
'im leaving bye this is ur own fault'
'ur fault'
'im in my car now and leaving'
'at school'
'you better get here soon pay'
'hello???'
'PAYTON'
Oh god, Issy is probably really annoyed because I made her late.
I had to get to school so quick but I didn't have a ride and I can't walk in that 1 degrees celcius weather and it would take too long.

I tried to think of a way to get to school while I brushed my teeth and hair. My parents were in Italy still so they couldn't help. I grabbed the first pair of jogging bottoms I saw and a random top which I later fortold as a 'Nirvana' shirt. I pushed my hair into a sloppy ponytail but I couldn't do anything about the dark circles around my eyes and naked face. I ran out the door after grabbing an apple and ran down the street. My bag was bouncing up and down on my bum as I ran down the road. By the time I got there, I was panting. I walked in trying to catch my breath. There was no one in the hallways. It was deserted. This was weird, did I miss out on a meeting or something to do with the mocks? I know that all the other years weren't at school today so we can have some peace and quiet.

I walked around the hallways humming to my self when I heard a distinct chatter coming from A block. I walked there speedily and opened the doors into the hall. The doors opened with a big bang as the wind pushed the doors into the walls loudly. Every single person in the room turned their heads simultaneously. Some people laughed and snickered at my appearance, I was soaking wet and my clothes were slightly muddy from when a truck went by in a puddle. I said sorry to the headteacher as he frowned at my unexpected arrival. I scanned the big room filled with over 300 pairs of eyes and looked for my friends. I saw Issy wave me over from the back of the room. I walked over to her but my shoes decided this was the right time to squeak everytime my feet moved. It was very silent and the only thing you could really hear was the sound of my rubbery trainers squeaking away against the glazed wooden floors. Awkward.

"You are so late." Emily told me off. 
"Yes you are, we are halfway through his long speech about trying hard and whatever." Issy grumbled. Jade laughed at me and smiled when I gave her a little wave.
"You look gross." Emily said disgusted scrunching up her face unattractively.
"Gee thanks, you know exactly how to make me feel better." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.
"No one is actually listening to the head teacher because he's just reading stuff out from the leaflet we got earlier." Jade said to me.
"Yeah that's true so we'll try and fix your hair and makeup because you don't want to be seen like that in front of your boyfriend." Issy nodded.
"We're just really good friends, I guess." Emily said. I laughed.
"If you say so." I mumbled as she shushed me. Emily was doing the makeup as she was basically a makeup guru and Issy was playing around with my hair, trying new and different styles. Jade was watching us and staring as her mouth formed an 'o' as she saw how Emily contoured my face and defined my features. Jade didn't wear much makeup as she was just naturally beautiful. But knowing Issy and Emily, they'd get her into makeup soon enough.

"Voila." Emily smiled as she finished the last stroke of mascara. Emily had gone for quite a subtle and natural look. Issy had put the front half of my hair up and the backhalf down. It sounds weird but it looked really nice. They could do miracles in a short amount of time. 
"You should be so glad I never leave home without a makeup bag." Emily said. I nodded enthusiastically. 
"What about your clothes?"
"I think my clothes look fine."
"You're wearing trackies for gods sake." Issy groaned.
"I have a white tank top in my bag but it might be a bit small." Jade told me, handing it to me. Jade was extremely skinny. I shrugged.
"I have a pair of jeans but they're way too tight." Issy told me, Issy usually wore really tight clothes that revealed a bit too much and was quite slutty but she was a cheerleader and not being stereotypical but cheerleaders seem to be slightly very slutty.

Finally, the headteachers speech ended. I got up and ran to the girls toilets to change. When I came out Tyler was standing next to Issy, Emily and Jade. I gave Tyler a bear hug while he whispered into my ear I looked beautiful. While I was hugging Tyler, I saw over his shoulder Finn staring right at us from the other side of the hallway. He didn't look angry, he looked...sad. I pulled away from Tyler and looked at Tyler giving him a smile. I couldn't help but turn around to look back at Finn but he had suddenly disappeared. I shook my head, maybe I had imagined him there. That's weird. 
"You okay?" Jade pulled me aside.
"Yeah, why?" I asked confused.
"You kinda zoned out there, just staring ahead at nothing."
"Oh...I'm fine..." I said slowly.
"You can tell me if something is bothering you, I know we haven't been friends for a long time but I already feel really close to you." Jade admitted nervously, fiddling with her fingers. I grinned at her, making her less nervous.
"I feel the same way." And she gave me a heartwarming smile back.

"I was thinking..." Tyler gave me a peck on the lips.
"Yes?"
"How would you like to go to Gallucios friday night with me?"
"No! Never!"
"What?" He looked really hurt, and it made me giggle.
"I'm joking, I would love to, you're so cute."
"You're so cute." He tapped me on the nose sweetly.
"Ew get a room god." Emily yelled. A couple of people turned around when they heard Emily shout but I didn't care. I was with my loving boyfriend, and three amazing best friends but why did I unexpectedly find a empty space in me. I looked around the room when my eyes landed on Finn. He was looking at me at the exact same time, which I found a little bit creepy. I looked at Tyler, then back at Finn then back at Tyler and then back at Finn. I did this several times before my neck started to hurt. I sighed loudly causing Tyler to look back at me from talking to Jade. He gave me a look saying 'are you okay?' and I nodded, turning away.

What am I doing?