8.

"Ughhhhh..."

Russia groaned, annoyed by the sunlight that just woke him up. He grabbed the pillow and put it over his head to protect his now sensitive eyes from the light. His eyes were burning, all puffy with dark circles underneath them. He did get enough sleep, and the bed was too soft for his taste, he's not used to it-

Wait... The bed is soft?... There's too much light in the room?... Where the hell is he???

He jumped out of the bed and looked around. Nothing was familiar except his jacket hanging on the wall and his bag that was on the floor, next to the bed.

Then pain stuck through his body and he set back down, wrapping his hands around his stomach where it hurt most. That's when he realized that his stomach and chest were covered in bandages, and he didn't have his shirt on.

Suddenly he realized what had happened. He remembers his father hurting him badly and that America came to pick him up. So this is probably his apartment.

He walked slowly to the door and into the small hall. There were a few other door and at the end of the hall was an open space which looked like the living room.

"America?"

In less than a second America appeared behind the corner rushing as if the devil himself was chasing him.

"You're up? Now? Dude you gotta be kidding me. You slept for only 2 to 3 hours. And what's worst is you're out of bed."

Russia laughed softly. What a caring little guy.

Of course he immediately held onto his stomach. Laughing didn't do him any good and only brought him pain but he couldn't help it.

America rushed to him and led him into the living room and set him on the couch.

"Stay there, I'll go get some painkillers and I'll bring you some blankets and a pillow."

He didn't even wait for Russia to replay and rushed to another room and got back with some pills, then grabbed a glass of water in the kitchen and gave it to Russia.

"Here you go. The pain will go away in a few minutes. Later I'll have to take those bandages off and apply some cream to the painful arias to relax your damaged muscles so you could heal faster.-"

Russia grabbed him by the hand and pulled him slightly to sit down beside him. America followed, not knowing what the taller one is actually doing.

Russia took the pill, drank some water and placed the glass on the small table next to the couch. Then he turned to America and they both stayed silent for a while.

America was not sure what to say so he patiently waited for his friend to say something. But Russia was just looking at him.

"Ame..."

"Y-yes?"

Russia wanted to say something but instead shook his head and looked away.

America was confused. Did he do something wrong?

Russia then grabbed him by his hand and pulled him to lay on top of him. America stiffened at this action but didn't try to pull away.

Russia pulled the blankets over them and wrapped his arms around him.

"Get some sleep you idiot. I know you were up all night watching over me. Now get some rest."

Russia then pressed his forehead on America's and immediately fell asleep.

Okay what just happened? Is he going nuts or-?

He looked at the small bottle on the table. Painkillers. It's probably because of them. He's dizzy from the strong medicine and probably doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing.

America sighed in relief and didn't even bother trying to get up. Yes he was up all night and he was tired too so he considered this a good opportunity to get some rest.

"Sleep well Russ."