22.

One week later

America was sitting in the living room, trying to relax by watching a movie, but he found it hard to pay attention to what's on the screen. For one second he was there and totally aware of what's happening around him, but the next his mind was completely shut down.

He's a bit stressed out because his parents will come home today and he's dying both mentally and physically. He can't sleep, can't eat, his stomach is spinning and hurting, his hands sweating and his skin pale.

That's when he heard the door open and a familiar voice saying: "Boys! We're home!"

He jumped off of the couch and almost had a heart attack but did his best to play it cool. He got to the door and gave his parents the biggest smile he could manage.

"Heyyyy! How are you two? Let me help you with that," he said as he picked up their suitcases and bags up as if they were filled with feathers.

"I'll go take them to your room. I'll be right back."

He was about to leave but he felt someone pull him by his arm. He turned around to look at his mom.

"It's okay honey. Put them down here. We can carry them to our room later."

America nodded and placed them in the corner. He felt stupid for acting like that. He was literally showing that something's wrong.

"I'm sorry for that. I'm just happy to see you guys."

"Aww were happy to see you too," France said and hugged him. She placed her hands on his cheeks and nuzzled them.

"Look at you. You've grown into a responsible, intelligent and brave young man. I'm the happiest and proudest mother in the world for having such a wonderful son."

America smiled and kissed her hand.

"Thanks mom. I'm happy that I made you proud."

France nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Now come here and sit with us. I can't wait to hear how did you spend your first few days in your new school? Did you make some friends? Is everyone nice to you? How do you like your new teachers? I wanna hear everything. Right honey?"

They turned to look at UK who was sitting at the table and typing something on his laptop. They both sighed in frustration. He just got there and he was already working. France walked to him and crossed her arms.

"I can't believe you."

"What?," UK asked, not taking his gaze off the screen.

"We just came to our new home and didn't see our children for 2 weeks and you couldn't even leave your work for an hour to talk to them."

"Honey, you know that this is really important. I'll talk to them later, okay?"

France rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Of course your work is more important than your own family."

"France, please. I need to finish this."