26.

"Honey! Do you want to go with us to watch the soccer game? I know it's the last day of school and that you don't need to go if you don't want to but wouldn't it be nice to watch your friends play?"

"What friends? Who said I have any friends?"

France gave him a worried look.

"Come on. You know that your cousin plays today. At least come to support him."

"Who?"

"New Zealand. He's playing for your old school's team. Today is his first game. And I know he was there to support you on all of your football games."

America groaned in annoyance.

"Fine. Just give me 10 minutes to get ready."

France gave him a big smile.

"Thanks honey! I promise it'll be fun.," she said as she walked out and closed the door.

America looked at the now closed door. Thoughts were running through his head and he had some weird feeling of pressure on his heart.

"Yeah, right. It's going to be the most boring day ever."

He was never this miserable before. He was stressed, upset and felt sick. He couldn't eat. The smell of food made him feel like vomiting. He couldn't even look at it. He barely eats and barely sleeps. And he didn't get out of the house except to go to school.

He went to the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. Himself? No, that wasn't him anymore. He was once full of life and joy. And after all the bad things that happened in life nothing ever hurt him to the point to make him change so much. Nothing. Until that day came and his hopes and dreams were burned to ashes. Now he was just a body with no soul, a walking corpse.

But even with that something seemed off. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked at those lifeless eyes filled with pain. No, he wasn't feeling all this because of what happened back then. He had a feeling that something much, much worse is going to happen. Unfortunately, he didn't know what.

"Hey, are you ready?"

He flinched and turned around.

"One more minute!," he yelled so they could hear him through the closed door.

He quickly washed his face and clapped his cheeks to put himself together.

"I'm imagining stuff. Nothing bad is gonna happen."

He repeated those words a few more times and took a deep breath before walking out.

"Ready to go?," Canada asked as he handed him his black jacket. He also gave him a worried look.

"I'm born ready! Let's go!," he said giving him the widest smile he could manage. They all looked relived. Except his dad who was once again on his phone, discussing something.

France cracker her fingers and snatched his phone from him.

"Hello. This is France, UK's wife. I would kindly ask you to stop calling my husband for a few hours. If that's a problem we could try to do it the hard way."

"N-no problem miss! Just let me know when he's free."

"I will."

She ended the call and put his phone in her purse.

"Darling, please-," UK was about to ask her to give him back his phone but she interrupted him.

"Don't 'darling' me! The least you can to is spend some quality time with your family! You owe it to them! Life is more than just stupid work and money!"