15.

"Huh?"

"You said that you want to talk about something important."

"Oh, yeah. Well..."

"Come here."

Canada set down and pet the couch for America to sit next to him. He set beside him and took a deep breath.

"Before I get to the point I need to ask you a stupid question."

"Okay?"

"Would you mind your brother being gay?"

Canada laughed.

"That's a weird question brother. But if I'm honest I wouldn't mind. Everyone has the right to love whoever they want no matter if that someone is the opposite or same gender... But why are you asking that?"

"Because... I don't know... I think I have feelings for someone..."

"You do?"

"Mhm..."

Canada hugged him tightly. It took America a minute to realize what happened and he hugged him back.

"I'm so happy for you America. So who is the lucky one that won your heart?"

"I... I think I have feelings for Russia..."

Canada's eyes widened in shock.

"You like him more than like a friend?"

"I guess so... It's just that when we were in front of school and he held my hand, our eyes met and... I know it lasted only for a second or two but it felt like hours. And I couldn't look away. I didn't want to. I wish that moment lasted forever."

"Well bro you really have a crush on him, no doubt. But what's worrying me is does he feel the same?"

"Well what do you think? Does he?"

"I'm not sure. You know, the biggest problem is that you two are something like best friend. And if you admit your feelings to him he maybe won't feel the same towards you. And that could also ruin your friendship. Because if he finds out that you have feelings for him and he doesn't feel the same he would most likely avoid you and stop being friends with you."

"Yeah, you're right. I better just shake it off and forget about it."

"Hey don't rush. Let's give it some time and I'll keep an close eye on him. If he shows any kind of interest in you we have a green light. Then you can tell him how you feel."

"Alright, thanks Canada."

"You're welcome."

They got up and went to the kitchen. America stopped midway and didn't move. Canada looked at him concerned.

"Hey, America? Are you okay? Is something wrong?"

America didn't respond. He just wrapped his arms around his waist and buried his face in his chest.

Canada knew this behavior really well. He hugged him back and rubbed his back gently.

"It's okay America. We'll figure out something. I promise I'll do all I can to make this work for you."

America started sobbing and Canada hugged him tighter.

"I-I know you will... You're the only one who's there for me no matter what problem I have. You're the only one who cares enough to help me with no matter what I need help with."

Canada sighed and put his hand on his head.

"Oh Ame, of course I'll help you. I'm your older brother. I'll always be here for you."