30.

America looked at himself in the mirror. He fixed his new black suit and let out a sigh. Today was the day to say the last goodbyes to his beloved boyfriend.

He heard a knock on the door and opened it. Germany stood in front of him in a similar black suit. He looked at him and forced a small smile on his face.

"Ready to go?," Germany asked.

"Yes."

———————————————————————————

The car stopped in front of the graveyard and the two stepped out of the car. They carried flowers in their hands and slowly walked in, greeting the others who were there. They expressed condolences to the family members and stood beside them as they looked at the body in the coffin.

They carefully listened as USSR said a few last words to his son and said his last goodbyes. And it was heartbreaking to see his younger sisters say goodbye to him. No one could hold their tears back.

When they finished USSR walked back to the place where he first stood and looked at America.

"Do you have any last words you want to tell him?"

America nodded and stepped forward. He stood next to the coffin and looked at the one who was all he loved and who was his whole world. He then turned to the crowd and cleared his throat.

"As you all know, we came here today to say our last goodbyes and wish him the best in the afterlife. First I'd like to thank him. For being the best friend I ever had. For caring about me more than anyone ever did.But as we all know, nothing lasts forever and all good things come to an end..."

He turned to the coffin again and looked at Russia laying there peacefully.

"Dusks are beautiful but they don't last long, and the night has to fall eventually... Flowers are beautiful but eventually they die... All of the most beautiful things come and go... Because they are God's gifts to us humans. And like every gift they have their price. You can't buy them. God doesn't accept money. He just gives them to us and takes them away when time comes.... Dusks and dawns, flowers and stars... or in this case... angels..."

He could hear people bursting into tears but he tried his best to ignore them. He needed to finish what he has to say.

"Yes, he was an angel... And today an angel went back home..."

He wiped his eyes and took a deep breath.

"God knows how many times I prayed for this day not to come... How many times did I look at him and thought "Angel,please don't go home"... I needed him... I loved him more than anyone ever in my life and he was my whole world... But God decided that it was his time to go..."

He took Russia by his hand and gently held it.

"And I don't know if you can hear me now... But I want you to know that I'm grateful for all the good and the bad days... I'm grateful for every beautiful smile you gave me and every beautiful laugh I heard... I'm grateful for every time you cared, every time you found the strength to understand and forgive me... I'm grateful for every single time when you made me happy and for loving me just the way I am... You were there for me through the darkest times. My happiness, my hope and my biggest fear... I feared that this day would come and I knew it would eventually. But God, why so soon?... I didn't get to say my last goodbye, I didn't get to apologize, to thank him and to say that I love him just one last time..."

Tears dripped from his eyes and on the floor and his hands started shaking. The others wanted to help him but USSR told them to stay away and wait till he finishes.

America stepped closer and placed a soft kiss on Russia's lips one last time.

"I just hope that you're in a beautiful place right now and that you have all the peace and happiness you deserve... I hope for a heaven that's as beautiful as you are and that makes you feel just the way you made me feel... And I'll pray to God, until the day I die, that we meet once more on the other side... And that no one and nothing will separate us ever again... Now rest in peace, my love.... My beautiful angel..."

THE END