25.

Day by day slowly passed by. Russia was home with his dad watching TV. They were waiting for Ukraine and Belarus to get up. Today they're going to buy books for Ukraine and some toys for Belarus. They couldn't wait to tell them about it.

"Russia?"

"Yes?"

"Is something bothering you? You seem a little stressed."

"Nah, I'm fine. My stomach hurts a bit but I'm fine."

"Hungry?"

"No. I don't feel like eating at all."

"Is it about him?"

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Oh, him? Nah, I ended things with him on the last day of school."

"Good. I'm glad you listened to me."

"Yeah."

That's when the door open and Ukraine walked in, rubbing her eye and holding her book.

"Good morning," she said as she yawned.

"Good morning," they both said.

"What's for breakfast?"

"I left you something on the kitchen table. Eat well and get dressed. Today I'm taking you guys to some special place."

"Where exactly?"

"You'll see."

"Okay papa," she said and went to the kitchen.

Russia got up and stretched a bit.

"I'll go see if Belarus is up."

"Okay."

He went down the hall and to her room. He slowly opened the door to see Belarus sitting on her bed and holding her stuffed bear tightly to herself while she was crying. Russia got really worried. He closed the door and set next to her.

"Belarus, why are you crying? What's wrong?"

Belarus wiped her eyes.

"I miss them..."

"Miss who?"

"Canada, America and Australia..."

Russia looked down. He missed them too.

"I know. I know. But don't cry. It's best for us to stay away from each other."

"But why? Do they not like us anymore?"

"No, no, no. They do but..."

He trailed off. He can't tell her about the things he knew. She was too young to understand that and it would be wrong to tell her about the horrible truth.

"Me and America got angry at each other so we won't talk for a while. But maybe one day we'll figure things out and we can all be friends again."

"Promise?"

"I promise that we will try our best."

Belarus smiled at him and hugged him tightly and he hugged her back.

"Now go have breakfast while I find you something to wear. Today we have a special surprise for Ukraine and you."

"Yayyy! I'll be right back!"

She ran out of her room and Russia laughed softly. He let the words he said to her run through his head again.

"But maybe one day we'll figure things out and we can all be friends again."

He hoped they will someday... What hurt him the most is that he could never tell him what is the actual reason behind all this. It's not that he killed people. So what if he did? He probably had a good reason to do so.

He did this because his father would take things in his own hands. And that could end in some of them getting hurt or killed which is not what Russia would want to happen.

Maybe, just maybe, in a few years when Russia would live his own life away from his father they could maybe be friends again.

———————————————————————————

"Papa. Where are we going?"

They were driving away from the town. And Ukraine and Belarus never went anywhere except for the town they live in. Russia did but then he was a little older than Belarus now.

"Be patient, Belarus. We'll be there in a couple more minutes. Just relax and enjoy."

"Okay."

They were driving slowly. Looking at the many fields stretching from both sides of the road. Russia looked around. These fields seemed familiar to him. That was the road him and America were spending down countless times.

And just as that a familiar sound of a car's engine caught his attention. He looked ahead of them and saw the too familiar Black Chevrolet. But something was off. It was... a little crashed? That's weird. But before he could put his thoughts together the car passed by and was already long behind them.

He was driving a bit too fast. That's not like him. But he brushed it off and tried to remain calm. He's okay. It probably wasn't anything too serious.

———————————————————————————

America opened the door of his apartment and walked in. He was covered in dust. He took his sneakers off and walked to the bathroom. Before he could get in he heard the door of Australia's bedroom open.

"Hey. Where were you? And why are you so dirty?"

"Just went out for some drifting to clear my head. I crashed my car a little bit but I'll fix it later."

"That's not like you. You never crashed your car, not that car."

"Well there's a first time for everything."

"So you're still upset about what happened a couple of days ago?"

"I told you not to mention it to me ever again."

"You can't push your problems under the carpet, you know? Why don't you talk to him?"

"Because he insisted on not talking to me ever again. But I can't blame him. Who would be in a relationship with a murderer?"

"Did you tell him the whole story behind it?"

"There was no point in telling him. I think that he's more mad at me for not being honest with him and for not telling him about it."

"You can always try to fix it? It won't kill you."

America closed the bathroom door, which meant that he was done talking about that subject. Australia just shook his head and walked back into his room.

America leaned on the door and sighed.

"But this can't be fixed... And I would try to fix it but he seemed like he doesn't want this to be fixed..."

He slide down the door and set there for a moment.

"But nothing hurt me more than that I saw him once again today. Seeing him made me go trough that whole thing again. Made me remember our good times, live through them again and live through their end one more time... I just don't have the strength to look him in the eyes anymore. If I did they would be the end of me..."